August 24, 2005 9:00am
Pianist Irving Fields’ life story seems to reflect not only his strong Jewish identity but also his use of Jewishness and music as passports to the larger world — geographically, interpersonally and creatively.
May 9, 2005 9:00am
For daring to visit Israel, Mithal Al-Alusi has paid with more than his life: It cost him his two sons. Yet he continues to argue that the new Iraq should reach out to Israel as a democracy facing a constant threat of terrorism.
July 7, 2004 9:00am
Several programs are addressing drug addiction in the Jewish community, particularly among youth, a focus that is long overdue, educators and experts say.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Rock legend Phil Lesh gathers musician friends for a Grateful Dead Passover
- As Jews flee Belgium, a seder marks a family exodus
- Actress Lea Michele discovers her Greek-Jewish roots
- Sides swap character attacks in trial over Bay Area’s Koret Foundation
- Ex-mayor of London suspended from Labour for saying Hitler was Zionist
- Palestinians riot as Jewish worshippers visit Joseph’s Tomb
- ADL to Trump: Come up with something other than ‘America First’
- Critical profile of Melania Trump unleashes flood of anti-Semitic abuse on reporter
- Bernie Sanders to lay off ‘hundreds’ of staffers
- Donald Trump: Obama is no friend of Israel
- After weeks of brickbats, Bernie Sanders offers Hillary Clinton a bouquet
- Establishment candidates win Dem Senate nods in Md., Pa.