is the blogger for 6 Degrees No Bacon.
February 10, 2014 11:46am
The legendary rock band will perform in Israel this summer.
February 6, 2014 11:47am
The first digital version of Shel Silverstein’s “The Giving Tree” commemorates a big year for the deceased author.
February 5, 2014 4:19pm
Moses Farrow says Woody Allen is innocent.
February 5, 2014 11:17am
Dunham gets revenge on Stern, at his very own birthday party.
February 4, 2014 10:48am
We didn’t think it was humanly possible, but Natalie Portman has gone and inspired us yet again. This time, The Times of Israel reports, the actress, director, and adorable mom has donated money and clothing to Syrian refugees via Operation Human Warmth. The initiative is the result of several Israeli organizations—the youth group Hanoar Haoved Vehalomed,…
Shalom Auslander: Philip Seymour Hoffman ‘had the biggest, brokenest heart of anyone I have ever met’February 4, 2014 10:37am
Many who have worked with—or even just admired—the incredible talent that was Philip Seymour Hoffman have shared their memories of the actor, who died on Sunday of an apparent drug overdose at 46. Among them is Shalom Auslander, author and creator of the Showtime series “Happyish” in which Hoffman had a lead role. “This planet…
February 3, 2014 11:22am
Today in Bar Refaeli news, Page Six reports the Israeli model was spotted with “Twilight” star Kellan Lutz at a Super Bowl party Friday night. “They were cozying up in the VIP area at her table. He had his own table, but he sat with Bar. They looked pretty close,” a witness said, in what…
February 3, 2014 11:20am
In his first big TV role since his days as Ross on “Friends,” David Schwimmer will star in ABC’s “Irreversible,” according to The Hollywood Reporter. The show is based on “Bilti Hafich,” the No. 1 original comedy on Israeli broadcast TV. Schwimmer, who is also producing the series, will play Andy, one half of an…
February 3, 2014 9:51am
The rumored Seinfeld reunion finally happened! Teased in a spot during the Super Bowl, Jerry Seinfeld’s latest episode of his web series “Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee” featured Seinfeld and Jason Alexander reprising their roles from the hit show. A decade and a half later, George is still just as easy to dislike, especially if…
January 30, 2014 11:06am
Scarlett Johansson’s SodaStream Super Bowl ad and the controversy surrounding it has garnered an exhausting amount of attention over the last couple of weeks. Why not take a break from it all with another Jewish-ish spot that will debut during the Big Game? We are talking, of course, about the new trailer for Darren Aronofsky’s…
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Russia to return Israeli tank captured by Syria in 1982
- Historic Jewish wedding in Turkey triggers hate speech online
- Argentine ex-minister’s Iran tape admitted as evidence of alleged treason
- CRIF’s new president: French Jews’ situation worst since 1945
- NJ man who fire-bombed rabbi’s home convicted of terrorism
- Vandalism at 3 New England synagogues aims to intimidate community, ADL regional leader says
- Bernie Sanders: Israel has a right to US protection
- Donald Trump: Debating trailing Bernie Sanders would be ‘inappropriate’
- NY Times editor calls out Donald Trump for ignoring supporters’ anti-Semitic tweets
- Donald Trump says he would debate Bernie Sanders for charity
- Bernie Sanders expects ‘consensus’ on Palestinian rights at Democratic convention
- Democrats said to be debating ouster of Wasserman Schultz as party chair