November 24, 2009 6:18pm
Venezuela’s main Jewish organization is protesting the upcoming visit of Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.
November 17, 2009 12:22am
A sharp increase in violent crime coupled with the political uncertainty of life under Hugo Chavez has many Jews in the country, particularly the younger generation, looking to relocate.
November 9, 2009 11:52pm
Hugo Chavez expects Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to visit Venezuela by the end of the year, the Venezuelan president said.
November 4, 2009 12:53pm
The Canadian Embassy has begun representing Israel’s diplomatic and consular interests in Venezuela.
November 1, 2009 8:22pm
Venezuelan Jewish groups partnered with a leading developer to restore the oldest existing Jewish cemetery in South America.
October 1, 2009 5:45pm
Libyan leader Muammar Gadhafi was welcomed warmly in Venezuela days after slamming Israel in a speech.
September 27, 2009 11:44am
Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez said he did not agree with Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s assertion that the Holocaust never occurred.
July 30, 2009 3:38pm
The Canadian embassy in Caracas soon will be able to help Venezuelan Jews obtain Israeli visas.
July 29, 2009 4:13pm
The foreign ministers of Spain and Venezuela visited a Caracas synagogue attacked earlier this year.
April 28, 2009 4:25pm
The Palestinian Authority and Venezuela established official diplomatic relations.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Leaked emails show Hillary Clinton eager to patch things up with Netanyahu
- Over 250 female rabbis sign letter slamming Donald Trump ‘hate speech’
- With UNESCO vote, Palestinians’ bid for attention backfires
- ‘Friends’ co-creator takes on US remake of Israeli TV show about Orthodox family
- The final debate: RBG, Soros and Iran lost amid concession outrage
- How all the Jewish MLB players did in 2016
- Jerusalem and Tel Aviv among world’s top 40 cities, travel magazine readers say
- Bar Refaeli’s post-birth figure wows world media
- Frustrated with Trump, Sheldon Adelson said to focus on Senate
- Curt Schilling asks CNN’s Jake Tapper why Jews back Democrats
- Jewish plus-size model shocks German viewers with anorexia photos
- Scarlett Johansson opens Paris popcorn shop
- Republicans deny downsizing Trump event in Jerusalem
- In Miami Beach, Donald Trump’s Orthodox support is increasingly on the down-low
- One Jew, One Vote: Ayalon Eliach, 33
- Joe Lieberman, stumping for a Clinton in Florida, feels like he’s ‘home again’
- In Amsterdam, these Jewish-American comics fight dirty for Hilllary