November 24, 2009 6:18pm
Venezuela’s main Jewish organization is protesting the upcoming visit of Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.
November 17, 2009 12:22am
A sharp increase in violent crime coupled with the political uncertainty of life under Hugo Chavez has many Jews in the country, particularly the younger generation, looking to relocate.
November 9, 2009 11:52pm
Hugo Chavez expects Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to visit Venezuela by the end of the year, the Venezuelan president said.
November 4, 2009 12:53pm
The Canadian Embassy has begun representing Israel’s diplomatic and consular interests in Venezuela.
November 1, 2009 8:22pm
Venezuelan Jewish groups partnered with a leading developer to restore the oldest existing Jewish cemetery in South America.
October 1, 2009 5:45pm
Libyan leader Muammar Gadhafi was welcomed warmly in Venezuela days after slamming Israel in a speech.
September 27, 2009 11:44am
Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez said he did not agree with Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s assertion that the Holocaust never occurred.
July 30, 2009 3:38pm
The Canadian embassy in Caracas soon will be able to help Venezuelan Jews obtain Israeli visas.
July 29, 2009 4:13pm
The foreign ministers of Spain and Venezuela visited a Caracas synagogue attacked earlier this year.
April 28, 2009 4:25pm
The Palestinian Authority and Venezuela established official diplomatic relations.
- Jewish suspects among 41 charged in gas meter scam in Brooklyn
- 300 Jewish leaders sign letter rejecting ‘baseless accusations’ against Rep. Keith Ellison
- Pendant uncovered at Sobibor may have belonged to teen relative of Anne Frank
OpinionBomb threats won’t derail the vital activity of JCCs
- Israel bombed military airport near Damascus, Syrian officials say
- Report: Abbas met with US businessmen to establish back channel to Trump
- Boxing rabbi Yuri Foreman loses title bout
- Obama: UN vote did not cause ‘major rupture’ in US-Israel relations
- Kerry reassures Netanyahu that Paris peace meeting will not lead to more UN action
- French FM: Trump moving US embassy to Jerusalem a provocation
- Labour’s Corbyn calls for investigation of Israel’s influence in British politics