September 20, 2011 5:21pm
Sheldon Yellen, the CEO of BELFOR Property Restoration, became a reality TV sensation and then sparked headlines by lending his private jet to the family of an EMT worker killed during Hurricane Irene. His next gig: High Holidays speaker.
September 12, 2011 1:45pm
Say what you will about reality TV, the Gene Simmons nostalgia tour to Haifa is must-see television before the High Holidays.
May 17, 2011 3:30pm
Joyce Newmark, a New Jersey rabbi, easily defeated two contestants in an episode of the TV game show “Jeopardy!” that aired Monday and finished with a $29,200 pay day.
May 5, 2011 6:43pm
As another “rabba” will be ordained soon, all Jews should embrace the changing face of the American rabbinate and welcome more women into rabbinic leadership roles, a Conservative rabbi writes.
January 18, 2011 12:29am
If Rep. Gabrielle Giffords considers herself Jewish because her father is Jewish and she lives a Jewish life, then she’s Jewish, writes a member of the Conservative movement’s Rabbinical Assembly.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Howard Stern rips Roger Waters over BDS support
- James Franco has bar mitzvah at 37
- Bernie Sanders finally opens up about Jewish childhood
- For Doctors Without Borders strike, US declines to give itself Israel treatment
- Donald Trump gets priestly blessing from Jew for Jesus
- Palestinian teen in Jerusalem stabs Jewish man, he shoots her