September 20, 2011 5:21pm
Sheldon Yellen, the CEO of BELFOR Property Restoration, became a reality TV sensation and then sparked headlines by lending his private jet to the family of an EMT worker killed during Hurricane Irene. His next gig: High Holidays speaker.
September 12, 2011 1:45pm
Say what you will about reality TV, the Gene Simmons nostalgia tour to Haifa is must-see television before the High Holidays.
May 17, 2011 3:30pm
Joyce Newmark, a New Jersey rabbi, easily defeated two contestants in an episode of the TV game show “Jeopardy!” that aired Monday and finished with a $29,200 pay day.
May 5, 2011 6:43pm
As another “rabba” will be ordained soon, all Jews should embrace the changing face of the American rabbinate and welcome more women into rabbinic leadership roles, a Conservative rabbi writes.
January 18, 2011 12:29am
If Rep. Gabrielle Giffords considers herself Jewish because her father is Jewish and she lives a Jewish life, then she’s Jewish, writes a member of the Conservative movement’s Rabbinical Assembly.
- On Jews and the Holocaust, Trump signals that he finally gets it
- US senators to UN: Treatment of Israel ‘must change’
- Lawmakers introduce bipartisan resolution to honor Israeli-American community
- What if the Nazis won? This is what American pop music would sound like.
- Marine Le Pen’s party boots leader over Holocaust denial quote