February 14, 2011 7:58pm
Athens police arrested an alleged Palestinian terrorist accused of being in Greece to plan a major attack in Europe.
February 14, 2011 12:06am
Greek officials assured a visiting delegation of American Jewish leaders that relations between Israel and Greece are serious and have nothing to do with the cooling of Israel’s ties with Turkey.
February 10, 2011 8:01pm
Salonika Mayor Yannis Boutaris is visiting Israel to learn how to bring more Israeli tourists to Greece’s second largest city.
February 9, 2011 7:16pm
Greek composer Mikis Theodorakis said in a television interview that he is an “anti-Semite and anti-Zionist.”
January 14, 2011 12:32am
Israel and Greece agreed to set up a regional force to deal with natural disasters following a meeting between the foreign ministers of the two countries.
December 23, 2010 10:50pm
The Greek government condemned a high-level Orthodox priest for making anti-Semitic statements during a television interview.
December 22, 2010 12:48am
A high-level priest on the morning show of the largest television station in Greece blamed world Jewry for Greece’s financial problems.
December 14, 2010 8:14pm
As two Mediterranean democracies in a region dominated by Islamic countries, Greece and Israel have become close over the past six months, ever since ties between Israel and Turkey, Greece’s chief rival, took a nosedive. Until 18 years ago, Greece and Israel didn’t even have diplomatic ties.
December 6, 2010 7:39pm
Three Greek human rights activists on trial for speaking out against judges who had acquitted a Holocaust-denying ultranationalist politician were acquitted.
July 25, 2010 5:27pm
Vandals painted red swastikas on the walls of the Jewish Museum of Greece in Athens.
- Saban says Keith Ellison’s DNC win would bring ‘disaster’ to relationship between Jews and Dems
- Amar’e Stoudemire’s son, barred from Israeli youth basketball, invited to try baseball
- How Israel is courting tourists from India and China
- This former nebbish can help you become super popular — like him
OpinionWhile Israel tarries on pluralism, the Diaspora may be running out of patience
- An anti-Trump comics collection edited by the Spiegelman family
- Trump names Jewish billionaire Stephen Schwarzman to head economic advisory team
- Swiss court overturns hate-incitement conviction for Jewish musician’s Facebook remarks
- Christian-funded philanthropy claims a fifth of Jewish immigration in ’16, irking main aliyah body
OpinionWhy planting more trees in Israel is a bad idea right now
- Azerbaijan’s embassy to co-host Hanukkah party at Trump’s DC hotel