February 14, 2011 7:58pm
Athens police arrested an alleged Palestinian terrorist accused of being in Greece to plan a major attack in Europe.
February 14, 2011 12:06am
Greek officials assured a visiting delegation of American Jewish leaders that relations between Israel and Greece are serious and have nothing to do with the cooling of Israel’s ties with Turkey.
February 10, 2011 8:01pm
Salonika Mayor Yannis Boutaris is visiting Israel to learn how to bring more Israeli tourists to Greece’s second largest city.
February 9, 2011 7:16pm
Greek composer Mikis Theodorakis said in a television interview that he is an “anti-Semite and anti-Zionist.”
January 14, 2011 12:32am
Israel and Greece agreed to set up a regional force to deal with natural disasters following a meeting between the foreign ministers of the two countries.
December 23, 2010 10:50pm
The Greek government condemned a high-level Orthodox priest for making anti-Semitic statements during a television interview.
December 22, 2010 12:48am
A high-level priest on the morning show of the largest television station in Greece blamed world Jewry for Greece’s financial problems.
December 14, 2010 8:14pm
As two Mediterranean democracies in a region dominated by Islamic countries, Greece and Israel have become close over the past six months, ever since ties between Israel and Turkey, Greece’s chief rival, took a nosedive. Until 18 years ago, Greece and Israel didn’t even have diplomatic ties.
December 6, 2010 7:39pm
Three Greek human rights activists on trial for speaking out against judges who had acquitted a Holocaust-denying ultranationalist politician were acquitted.
July 25, 2010 5:27pm
Vandals painted red swastikas on the walls of the Jewish Museum of Greece in Athens.
- Muslim civil rights group offers $5,000 reward for information on JCC bomb threats
- Leah Adler, mother of Steven Spielberg and popular restaurateur, dies at 97
- Meet the Jewish couple leading the Trump resistance
- Author JK Rowling helps boost Muslim campaign to repair vandalized Jewish cemetery
- NJ yeshiva alumni, former staff implore graduate Jared Kushner to help halt refugee ban
- After much prodding, Trump condemns anti-Semitism
- Jewish groups seek action from Trump to match his words on anti-Semitism
- Pence visits vandalized cemetery, condemns threats to JCCs
- Muslim campaign raises over $100,000 for vandalized Jewish cemetery
- Jewish governor of Missouri, Muslim activists pitching in to repair vandalized Jewish cemetery
AnalysisTrump, the Jews and the political weaponization of anti-Semitism