February 6, 2007 10:00am
Birthright israel is one of the most effective programs at building Jewish identity among the young, yet there’s so much more it can and should do. All it takes is a Jewish community determined to make the necessary investment, Jeffrey Solomon writes.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Half of Birthright applicants flunked this Israel test – can you do better?
- The ‘Kate Middleton effect’ on synagogue fashion
- 8 of the coolest menorahs for this Hanukkah season
- From ‘Amy Winehouse sound’ creators, a funky Hanukkah anthem
- Report: Senior Israeli officials fear PA collapse
- Polish Jewish leader heads protest against new parliament