November 29, 2016 2:11pm
Editor’s note: The upset victory by Donald Trump in the 2016 elections stunned a Jewish activist and leadership class that is at times as divided as the electorate at large. JTA asked some of those leaders to describe their concerns and expectations in a series of brief essays, “Worst fears, best hopes,” that will appear regularly between now and Inauguration Day….
September 21, 2010 8:02pm
Extending Israel’s settlement freeze is the first step down the path to Israeli security and legitimacy, the president of J Street argues.
July 26, 2010 1:04am
Alan Dershowitz-style advocacy cements his position as part of the “Chorus of No” that is working hard to frighten American policymakers and politicians from speaking out on Middle East issues, the head of J Street writes in response to a Dershowitz Op-Ed.
February 16, 2010 2:50am
The head of J Street, responding to an Op-Ed by the executive director of Christians United for Israel, suggests an end to name calling and attacks and an open debate on what’s best for a democratic Israel and the broader Jewish community.
- Israeli-American teen arrested in Israel for over 100 JCC bomb threats
- Rasmea Odeh, Palestinian woman imprisoned in Israel for terror attack, takes US plea deal
- JCC bomb threat suspect, named Michael Kaydar, reportedly used Bitcoin, Google Voice
- Jeff Sessions: JCC bomb threat probe spanned multiple continents
AnalysisIs Trump owed an apology after the JCC bomb threat arrest? Is anybody?
- Jewish bomb threat suspect undermines groups’ narrative on anti-Semitism
- US Holocaust Museum to award Angela Merkel with top honor named for Elie Wiesel
- In second week of US-Israel talks, Trump ‘concerns’ on settlements remain
OpinionOhio State Hillel is anti-BDS, not anti-LGBT
- The 5 best exotic Passover hotels
- Bernie Sanders declares ‘victory’ in withdrawal of GOP health bill, Reform movement urges expanding coverage