November 29, 2016 2:11pm
Editor’s note: The upset victory by Donald Trump in the 2016 elections stunned a Jewish activist and leadership class that is at times as divided as the electorate at large. JTA asked some of those leaders to describe their concerns and expectations in a series of brief essays, “Worst fears, best hopes,” that will appear regularly between now and Inauguration Day….
September 21, 2010 8:02pm
Extending Israel’s settlement freeze is the first step down the path to Israeli security and legitimacy, the president of J Street argues.
July 26, 2010 1:04am
Alan Dershowitz-style advocacy cements his position as part of the “Chorus of No” that is working hard to frighten American policymakers and politicians from speaking out on Middle East issues, the head of J Street writes in response to a Dershowitz Op-Ed.
February 16, 2010 2:50am
The head of J Street, responding to an Op-Ed by the executive director of Christians United for Israel, suggests an end to name calling and attacks and an open debate on what’s best for a democratic Israel and the broader Jewish community.
- Famed Israeli singer dies after rescuing his niece from drowning
- Jared Kushner answers some Russia questions, but misses these big ones
- Terror attack that killed 3 incited by ‘wild hatred,’ Netanyahu says
- BDS activists prevented from boarding flight to Israel
- Israeli Embassy guard in Jordan kills assailant, bystander after being stabbed with screwdriver
- Clashes between Muslim worshippers, Israel security officials continue over Temple Mount metal detectors
- Second anti-Israel protest staged outside Istanbul synagogue
- Netanyahu does ‘not have a plan for peace,’ Gillibrand says
- White House to Iran: Return missing CIA consultant Robert Levinson and other ‘unjustly imprisoned Americans’
- Philadelphia 76ers draft pick to play for Maccabi Tel Aviv