May 11, 2004 9:00am
A group of American universities is taking issue with the Ford Foundation´s stringent new rules on grant recipients, saying they threatend the universities´ First Amendment rights of protected academic speech.
May 6, 2004 9:00am
Jewish community centers reach one-third of the U.S. Jewish community, yet they’re not taken seriously enough as a building block of Jewish identity, according to a new survey.
April 27, 2004 9:00am
Israeli officials are blasting recommendations that the money from the $1.25 billion Swiss banks settlement should be used to help Holocaust survivors in the former Soviet Union before others.
April 27, 2004 9:00am
When an anti-Semitic Web placed at the top of Google search results for the word "Jew," it sparked a media blitz and underlined the challenge the Internet poses for controlling hate groups.
April 20, 2004 9:00am
The U.S. federal court overseeing the Swiss banks Holocaust settlement moved a step closer to awarding much of the remaining money to poor survivors in the former Soviet Union.
April 14, 2004 9:00am
New reports of terrorist threats against Jewish institutions in Europe underscore the need for American Jewish institutions to get serious about security.
March 17, 2004 10:00am
A new poll finds that Mel Gibson´s controversial movie, "The Passion of the Christ," indeed has changed Christian attitudes toward Jews and the crucifixion — for the better.
March 16, 2004 10:00am
A chunk of the remaining Holocaust-era Swiss banks settlement seems likely to go to the poorest Holocaust survivors in the former Soviet Union after the presiding judge rebuked U.S. survivors seeking to fund their own social service programs.
March 15, 2004 10:00am
A new $1 million philanthropic venture is borrowing fund-raising tactics from public broadcasting in hopes of spurring support for Jewish education.
February 24, 2004 10:00am
A new Israeli public relations effort aims to change the perceptions of reporters and media leaders about Israeli life behind the headlines.
OpinionWe have seen the future, and it looks Orthodox
- That time Rachel McAdams tried to go undercover as an Orthodox Jew
- How Houston’s synagogues are handling the High Holidays after Harvey
- ‘Hot cop’ from Hurricane Irma selfie suspended over anti-Semitic Facebook posts
- US campuses are becoming more Israel friendly
- Marc Zuckerberg posts photo giving century-old kiddush cup to daughter
- Israel gears up to host prestigious Italian cycling race
- Court denies Charleston church gunman Dylann Roof’s request to fire Jewish, Indian attorneys
- Charleston church shooter Dylann Roof asks to fire Jewish, Indian attorneys
- 2017 Emmy Awards: On a historic night for diversity, ‘SNL’ quietly wins big
- In Belarus, some Jews don’t mind a dictator