May 11, 2004 9:00am
A group of American universities is taking issue with the Ford Foundation´s stringent new rules on grant recipients, saying they threatend the universities´ First Amendment rights of protected academic speech.
May 6, 2004 9:00am
Jewish community centers reach one-third of the U.S. Jewish community, yet they’re not taken seriously enough as a building block of Jewish identity, according to a new survey.
April 27, 2004 9:00am
Israeli officials are blasting recommendations that the money from the $1.25 billion Swiss banks settlement should be used to help Holocaust survivors in the former Soviet Union before others.
April 27, 2004 9:00am
When an anti-Semitic Web placed at the top of Google search results for the word "Jew," it sparked a media blitz and underlined the challenge the Internet poses for controlling hate groups.
April 20, 2004 9:00am
The U.S. federal court overseeing the Swiss banks Holocaust settlement moved a step closer to awarding much of the remaining money to poor survivors in the former Soviet Union.
April 14, 2004 9:00am
New reports of terrorist threats against Jewish institutions in Europe underscore the need for American Jewish institutions to get serious about security.
March 17, 2004 10:00am
A new poll finds that Mel Gibson´s controversial movie, "The Passion of the Christ," indeed has changed Christian attitudes toward Jews and the crucifixion — for the better.
March 16, 2004 10:00am
A chunk of the remaining Holocaust-era Swiss banks settlement seems likely to go to the poorest Holocaust survivors in the former Soviet Union after the presiding judge rebuked U.S. survivors seeking to fund their own social service programs.
March 15, 2004 10:00am
A new $1 million philanthropic venture is borrowing fund-raising tactics from public broadcasting in hopes of spurring support for Jewish education.
February 24, 2004 10:00am
A new Israeli public relations effort aims to change the perceptions of reporters and media leaders about Israeli life behind the headlines.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Orthodox trader, immigrant Harvard grad, killed by Manhattan crane collapse
- Mystery solved: Sanders volunteered at kibbutz Shaar Haamakim
- Israeli Jewish boy, 11, stabbed and wounded allegedly by Arab teen
- Brazil Hillel feigns closure in bizarre marketing stunt
- On 'SNL' with Larry David, Bernie Sanders plays the idealistic Jew
- Israeli actress, 46, sues fashion boss who replaced her with younger model
- Prayer books, Torah scrolls destroyed in suspected Palestinian arson attack
- Bernie Sanders, Larry David to appear together on ‘SNL’
- On ‘SNL’ with Larry David, Bernie Sanders plays the Jewish idealist
- Coen brothers on #OscarsSoWhite: We write what we know – Jews and Minnesotans
- 50 years on, Bernie Sanders still champions values of his Israeli kibbutz