November 1, 2013 11:18am
The United States is testing Iran’s diplomatic intentions but remains “clear-eyed” on Iran’s role as a state-sponsor of terror and exporter of extremism, said U.S. Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel.
October 2, 2013 1:59pm
Experts say the seniors feel vital and engaged — and the young people can learn from their experienced role models, too.
September 2, 2013 11:51am
Religious groups are exempt from federal law requiring employers to pay toward unemployment insurance. As a result, synagogue employees can find themselves without a safety net if they are laid off.
August 30, 2013 11:50am
Israel’s Technion ties with MIT as top incubator of high-tech CEOs.
August 28, 2013 2:53pm
Federal complaints accusing the University of California campuses in Berkeley and Santa Cruz of failing to curb hostile environments for Jewish students were dismissed.
August 28, 2013 10:26am
Christian Bale, John Turturro, Sigourney Weaver are reportedly in talks to join a film about the Exodus directed by Ridley Scott.
August 26, 2013 10:31am
Nearly $1.6 million in New York City funding to the Metropolitan Council on Jewish Poverty was frozen pending an investigation into the financial scandal involving the social service agency’s fired CEO, William Rapfogel.
August 21, 2013 4:36pm
Alvin Kushner, the former executive director of what is now the the JCRC of Metropolitan Detroit, has died.
August 19, 2013 2:02pm
JDate’s singles weekend, held in the Connecticut woods in cooperation with Club Getaway, bills itself as “summer camp for adults.”
August 19, 2013 10:54am
The Metropolitan Council on Jewish Poverty is bringing in New York City’s finance chief, David Frankel, to succeed the fired William Rapfogel as executive director and CEO.
- Three Italian brothers try to find the cave they lived in during the Holocaust
- Israeli terror victims named; Abbas calls for Palestinian ‘victory’
- Sean Spicer resigns: The press secretary’s most memorable Jewish moments
- Secular young Jews come here for drinks, socializing — and Torah learning
- Chechnya’s Jewish community doesn’t exist — but it’s angry at Israel
- Shuttered Bronx synagogue becomes a dumping ground
- Why Jews from Libya are worried about the fate of the country’s Jewish artifacts
- HIAS ‘glad’ Supreme Court upholds decision to add grandparents, grandchildren to family defintion
- Thousands attend funeral of three members of one family killed in Palestinian stabbing attack
- Clashes between Muslim worshippers, Israel security officials continue over Temple Mount metal detectors
- Second anti-Israel protest staged outside Istanbul synagogue