September 4, 2007 9:00am
NEW YORK (JTA) – The following is a chronology of the top news items of the past year. SEPTEMBER NEW YORK – Yeshiva University announced that its immediate past chairman, fertilizer and oil magnate Ronald Stanton, was giving $100 million to the school – believed to be the most amount of money ever pledged to…
August 15, 2007 9:00am
A groundbreaking ceremony took place Friday for the Agahozo Shalom Youth Village, which will serve 500 impoverished orphans in Rwanda.
July 24, 2007 9:00am
The International Committee of the Red Cross this week refuted claims that it hasn’t worked hard enough to help three captured Israeli soldiers.
July 17, 2007 9:00am
Speakers at a demonstration calling for the release of three kidnapped Israeli soldiers lashed out at the United Nations and other international organizations for not doing enough to secure their freedom.
July 3, 2007 9:00am
JTA earned six journalism awards at last week’s gathering of the American Jewish Press Association, including top honors in the investigative reporting category for the fourth straight year.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Op-Ed: Faigy Mayer’s suicide is a Jewish tragedy, not just an Orthodox one
- Why is a thriving Boston-area synagogue spending $15 million – to downsize?
- ‘Miracle’ babies born in Israel to identical twin parents
- James Franco to have bar mitzvah, with help from Seth Rogen
- Former Hasid shared anti-Hasidic Judaism essay a week before killing herself
- N.Y. woman identified as ex-Hasid jumps 20 stories to her death