September 4, 2007 9:00am
NEW YORK (JTA) – The following is a chronology of the top news items of the past year. SEPTEMBER NEW YORK – Yeshiva University announced that its immediate past chairman, fertilizer and oil magnate Ronald Stanton, was giving $100 million to the school – believed to be the most amount of money ever pledged to…
August 15, 2007 9:00am
A groundbreaking ceremony took place Friday for the Agahozo Shalom Youth Village, which will serve 500 impoverished orphans in Rwanda.
July 24, 2007 9:00am
The International Committee of the Red Cross this week refuted claims that it hasn’t worked hard enough to help three captured Israeli soldiers.
July 17, 2007 9:00am
Speakers at a demonstration calling for the release of three kidnapped Israeli soldiers lashed out at the United Nations and other international organizations for not doing enough to secure their freedom.
July 3, 2007 9:00am
JTA earned six journalism awards at last week’s gathering of the American Jewish Press Association, including top honors in the investigative reporting category for the fourth straight year.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- PA condemns Israel for killing 2 Palestinian attackers
- Why is a Conservative synagogue abandoning the second day of yontif?
- Why Israelis are fearing a third intifada
- PA condemns Israel for killing of Palestinian attackers
- Actor James Franco has bar mitzvah
- Spain grants citizenship to 4,302 descendants of Sephardic Jews