is the online coordinator for JTA.
April 26, 2013 3:06pm
Radiohead’s song "Karma Police" captured the generational malaise of the 1990s and is now of the most covered songs on YouTube. Now, a new cover by Israeli artists, a cover that may have begun as a satire, has blossomed into a full blown viral hit. Tel Aviv-based musician Rotem Shefy sings the song, pronouncing the…
April 24, 2013 8:05pm
A new report claims that professor and rabbi Michael Broyde may have created a second fake persona to engage in online discourse.
April 24, 2013 7:46pm
A new report from The Jewish Channel raises new questions about Rabbi Michael Broyde, the former Beth Din of America judge who admitted earlier this month to creating a fake persona in which he engaged in correspondence with other rabbis and gained membership in a rabbinic association. Now, TJC is claiming that Broyde may have…
April 24, 2013 4:02pm
Back in 2010 we profiled Bruce Zoldan, C.E.O of the B.J. Alan Company, the second largest importer and wholesaler of consumer fireworks in the United States. Now Zoldan finds himself embroiled in the Boston Marathon investigation because his company sold Tamerlan Tsarnaev fireworks possibly used in the homemade bombs. Zoldan insists that the powder in…
April 24, 2013 2:38pm
Israeli advertising often takes a crude, direct approach. But sometimes, they hit it just right. This advertisement for McDonalds is both. In the spot, the Secret Service runs around Israel looking for Israeli teenagers to help them make a cheeseburger for President Obama. There’s plenty to be said about the complexity of Israeli-American relations, but…
April 23, 2013 7:42pm
Brothers Ken and Daniel Hechtman, owners of a kosher diner, helped saved several people from a fiery wreck in suburban Chicago.
April 23, 2013 4:35pm
John Ruskay will be leaving his position as executive vice president and CEO of UJA-Federation of New York.
April 22, 2013 6:39pm
Irwin Jacobs, the founding chairman and CEO emeritus of Qualcomm, is making a $133 million gift to a joint institute of the Cornell University and the Technion-Israel Institute of Technology.
April 22, 2013 5:07pm
The Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations has nominated Robert Sugarman, the immediate past national chairman of the Anti-Defamation League, as its chairman.
April 18, 2013 7:41pm
A student senate at the University of California, Berkeley narrowly passed a measure calling on the school to divest from three companies with dealings in the West Bank.
OpinionWe have seen the future, and it looks Orthodox
- That time Rachel McAdams tried to go undercover as an Orthodox Jew
- How Houston’s synagogues are handling the High Holidays after Harvey
- ‘Hot cop’ from Hurricane Irma selfie suspended over anti-Semitic Facebook posts
- US campuses are becoming more Israel friendly
- Marc Zuckerberg posts photo giving century-old kiddush cup to daughter
- Israel gears up to host prestigious Italian cycling race
- Court denies Charleston church gunman Dylann Roof’s request to fire Jewish, Indian attorneys
- Charleston church shooter Dylann Roof asks to fire Jewish, Indian attorneys
- 2017 Emmy Awards: On a historic night for diversity, ‘SNL’ quietly wins big
- In Belarus, some Jews don’t mind a dictator