December 21, 2012 2:12pm
South Africa’s ruling party, the African National Congress, voted to make boycotts, divestment and sanctions of Israel part of its official policy.
February 13, 2012 4:42pm
A conference in South Africa brought together young Jewish innovators from across the country.
August 29, 2011 3:08pm
Arthur Goldreich, an anti-apartheid struggle activist, was honored posthumously by the South African Jewish Board of Deputies during its national conference in Johannesburg.
August 22, 2011 4:11pm
Young black and Jewish cyclists from South Africa joined for a 400-mile journey to Durban as part of the Cycalive outreach program.
August 3, 2011 3:43pm
Nat Bregman, who was described by anti-apartheid activist Nelson Mandela as his “first white friend,” died in Johannesburg.
July 24, 2011 4:28pm
Ten years after the notorious Durban conference, an organization planning to put Israel on a show trial in South Africa in November is receiving plenty of attention for what is likely to be a damaging public relations exercise against the Jewish state.
December 13, 2010 12:26am
Several hundred people have signed on to a petition seeking the removal of Richard Goldstone and Desmond Tutu as patrons of two Holocaust centers in South Africa.
November 2, 2010 6:39pm
A Muslim-owned supplier in Johannesburg canceled an order placed by a South African Jewish group with comments about “blood money.”
August 29, 2010 7:10pm
Israel’s envoy to South Africa said the country’s recent bias against Israel is not helping to advance peace in the Mideast.
July 5, 2010 4:49pm
A combined Israeli-Palestinian soccer team is in South Africa to play on the sidelines of the World Cup tournament.
- Muslim civil rights group offers $5,000 reward for information on JCC bomb threats
- Leah Adler, mother of Steven Spielberg and popular restaurateur, dies at 97
- Meet the Jewish couple leading the Trump resistance
- Author JK Rowling helps boost Muslim campaign to repair vandalized Jewish cemetery
- NJ yeshiva alumni, former staff implore graduate Jared Kushner to help halt refugee ban
- After much prodding, Trump condemns anti-Semitism
- Jewish groups seek action from Trump to match his words on anti-Semitism
- Pence visits vandalized cemetery, condemns threats to JCCs
- Muslim campaign raises over $100,000 for vandalized Jewish cemetery
- Jewish governor of Missouri, Muslim activists pitching in to repair vandalized Jewish cemetery
AnalysisTrump, the Jews and the political weaponization of anti-Semitism