February 11, 2010 8:48pm
The highest profile Jewish delegation ever to visit the African continent is in South Africa meeting with government leaders and local Jews.
September 1, 2009 2:24am
In his first speech to a Jewish conference, South African President Jacob Zuma addressed anti-Semitism, the Arab-Israeli conflict and the importance of Jews to the country, earning a warm reception.
August 7, 2009 10:52pm
A former South African Cabinet minister and two NGOs are calling for the war crimes prosecution of an Israeli soldier visiting the country.
January 27, 2009 1:20am
A senior government official has roiled the South African Jewish community with anti-Semitic slurs, while the country’s president is assuring community leaders that everything will be be done to keep them safe.
November 28, 2004 10:00am
Hundreds of community members and visitors from around the world gather to celebrate 120 years of Jewish ostrich farmers in South Africa.
April 18, 2004 9:00am
A political party headed by one of South Africa´s leading Jewish politicians has entrenched its position as the second-largest party in the country.
January 8, 2004 10:00am
South Africa’s central Jewish institution has come up with a plan to bolster the future of South African Jewry and help the community integrate into the general society.
December 7, 2003 10:00am
An alleged Israeli mobster is facing charges in South Africa that include murder, kidnapping, robbery and intimidation, in what promises to be one of the highest-profile South African criminal trials in years.
March 31, 2003 10:00am
At a time when most Jewish leaders in South Africa are keeping a low profile on the war in Iraq, Judge Richard Goldstone has called the U.S.-led attack “unlawful under international law.” Goldstone, a prominent jurist and authority on human ri
December 1, 2002 10:00am
The South African Jewish Board of Deputies is considering filing charges against the organizers of an anti-Israel march in Cape Town that included boys dressed as Muslim suicide bombers and demonstrators shouting “One American, one bullet” as
SponsoredA ‘US president’ and 4 other celebrities you didn’t know went to Brandeis
- Why Obama’s former speechwriter calls him the most Jewish president ever
- As Hurricane Maria hits Puerto Rico, synagogues cancel Rosh Hashanah services
- University of Maryland professor says she was fired for being pro-Israel
- Iran’s president says security for Israel is ‘not possible,’ pleads for nuclear deal
- Borough Park man indicted in prostitute scheme to intimidate abuse victim
- This US preschool is so Israeli it may as well be Tel Aviv
- DC ‘power synagogue’ hires co-senior rabbis
- Rasmea Odeh, Palestinian immigrant who lied about her terror conviction in Israel, deported to Jordan
- Germany adopts international definition of anti-Semitism
- In unusual move, 7 Jewish senators urge Netanyahu to protect pluralism in Israel