November 22, 2016 3:03pm
Editor’s note: The upset victory by Donald Trump in the 2016 elections stunned a Jewish activist and leadership class that is at times as divided as the electorate at large. JTA asked some of those leaders to describe their concerns and expectations in a series of brief essays, “Worst fears, best hopes,” that will appear regularly between now and Inauguration Day. …
January 19, 2016 4:10pm
Since 2010, no less than 288 new laws have been passed aimed at restricting abortion access, the CEO of the National Council of Jewish Women writes.
April 3, 2012 4:58pm
The true danger of the legal challenge to the Affordable Care Act is “the idea that the federal government can do nothing on the scale that is required to ensure that all Americans have access to health care,” writes the CEO of the National Council of Jewish Women.
Opinion11 former White House Jewish liaisons: Trump doesn’t understand anti-Semitism
First PersonI talked to the ‘anti-Semitic’ Swiss hotel owner. It’s more complicated than you think.
- New York’s Orthodox Jews are expanding into these towns, and some residents aren’t happy
- Following terrorist attack, Barcelona’s chief rabbi says his community is doomed
- HuffPost Bannon headline ‘Goy, bye!’ creates backlash
- Charlottesville says it provided protection to synagogue, refuting initial account
- American mayors’ group, ADL announce agreement to combat hate
- Barcelona BDS chapter says Europe is ‘responsible’ for terror attack
- Teens who twisted menorah into a swastika sentenced to meet with Holocaust survivor
- Jewish senator calls on Jewish Trump Cabinet members to resign
- Was Stephen Bannon good for the Jews? A review