October 11, 2012 7:38pm
With the baby boomer generation growing older, experts say Jewish institutions will have to work hard to keep up with what is expected to be a growing need for social services and social offerings among Jewish elderly.
October 11, 2012 3:59pm
Older Jews struggling to get a job find that prospective employers are put off by what they perceive as seniors’ potential skills deficits, fears about higher health care costs and concern about longevity in the position.
October 10, 2012 2:32pm
Some 1 million American Jews — or one in 6 — are actively seeking Jewish expression and engagement outside of synagogue life, according to a new study.
October 5, 2012 6:14pm
Hadassah concluded its investigation of former COO Larry Blum for allegedly misusing his corporate credit card but declined to release any details.
October 5, 2012 4:28pm
Funeral services were held for two Israeli expatriates who were among five people gunned down in a shooting attack in Minneapolis.
October 5, 2012 3:56pm
Reports that retired NBA star Allen Iverson will play for Israel’s Maccabi Haifa basketball team in two upcoming exhibition games against NBA teams are false, a Maccabi representative told JTA.
October 4, 2012 1:30pm
Rabbi David Kaye, who was convicted in 2006 for trying to sexually solicit a minor, was told he could no longer worship in a suburban Washington Reconstructionist congregation.
October 3, 2012 2:49pm
Jewish student leaders may be strident in their Israel advocacy, but they are tolerant in defining pro-Israel activism and diverse in their political views, a new study found.
September 28, 2012 5:50pm
A Quaker group has removed a French and an American company from its financial portfolio due to what it calls the companies’ involvement with Israel’s occupation of Palestinian lands.
September 28, 2012 5:15pm
Palestinian groups are calling on Arab sports and soccer unions to protest a Spanish soccer club’s invitation to former Israeli captive Gilad Shalit.
- Three Italian brothers try to find the cave they lived in during the Holocaust
- Israeli terror victims named; Abbas calls for Palestinian ‘victory’
- Sean Spicer resigns: The press secretary’s most memorable Jewish moments
- Secular young Jews come here for drinks, socializing — and Torah learning
- Chechnya’s Jewish community doesn’t exist — but it’s angry at Israel
- Shuttered Bronx synagogue becomes a dumping ground
- Pope Francis appeals for ‘moderation and dialogue’ over Temple Mount violence
- Clashes between Muslim worshippers, Israel security officials continue over Temple Mount metal detectors
- Second anti-Israel protest staged outside Istanbul synagogue
- White House to Iran: Return missing CIA consultant Robert Levinson and other ‘unjustly imprisoned Americans’
- Philadelphia 76ers draft pick to play for Maccabi Tel Aviv