August 30, 2012 2:04pm
New Orleans Jewish institutions remained closed on Thursday as the region continued to bear the torrential rains and winds of Hurricane Isaac.
August 30, 2012 8:50am
The Jewish Education Service of North America is “sharpening its thrust” to building up supplementary and Hebrew schools.
August 24, 2012 7:03pm
A 500-year-old Sephardi women’s prayer book is being reissued in Hebrew.
August 3, 2012 7:23pm
The Palestinian Authority is considering a bid in September to be a U.N. “non-member observer state.”
August 3, 2012 10:50am
The sale of the Cleveland Browns ends 51 years of Jewish ownership of the National Football League team.
July 27, 2012 11:30am
More than 20,000 people in various venues in London attended the British Zionist Federation’s “Minute for Munich” program that was promoted via social media.
July 27, 2012 11:01am
Three adults and two juveniles are under arrest for allegedly making children at a Jewish summer camp feel “terrorized and in fear for their lives.”
July 25, 2012 9:29pm
Members of the U.S. House of Representatives will hold a moment of silence for the Israeli athletes and coaches slain by Palestinian terrorists at the 1972 Munich Olympics.
July 23, 2012 6:27pm
How the campaign for a moment of silence to honor the Munich 11 at the Olympic Games in London went from an idea by volunteers at a suburban New York JCC to an international effort involving world leaders.
July 20, 2012 8:32pm
Jewish activists were busy this week passing around an emotional blog post by Rabbi David J.B. Krishef, about his 15-year-old son, Solomon, who is blind. The teen was about to start the second half of eight weeks in Camp Ramah in Canada’s second oldest age group. On a recent visit to the camp, however, the Krishefs…
- Rabbi reportedly lets Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner fly with president on Shabbat
- Carl Reiner, 95, dishes his secrets to longevity
- Orthodox Union asks women clergy to change their titles
- This Israeli film about Orthodox Jews is a surprise hit overseas
- Israel’s traffic cops have a friend in Sheriff David Clarke
- Trump: Netanyahu may join me at the Western Wall
- Romania’s Parliament passes law providing more money for Holocaust survivors
- 5 ways to celebrate Shavuot — without (necessarily) studying Torah
- Stephen Miller is reportedly writing Trump’s speech on Islam. Here’s why that’s turning some heads.
- Netanyahu angrily orders ministers to attend Trump arrival ceremony
- I may have ‘horsed around’ in Nazi camp in my youth, Bulgarian deputy PM said