November 25, 2002 10:00am
The night after we gather for Thanksgiving, we will kindle the first lights of Chanukah. Celebrating these holidays in succession — one profoundly American and pluralist in spirit, and one which marks Judaism’s spiritual and historical legacy
September 10, 2002 9:00am
Rabbi Daniel S. Brenner offers his thoughts on the ritual transition from the final blast of the shofar at the end of Yom Kippur and the first nail hammered into the frame of a sukkah to commence Sukkot.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- PA condemns Israel for killing 2 Palestinian attackers
- Why is a Conservative synagogue abandoning the second day of yontif?
- Why Israelis are fearing a third intifada
- PA condemns Israel for killing of Palestinian attackers
- Spain grants citizenship to 4,302 descendants of Sephardic Jews
- Actor James Franco has bar mitzvah