November 25, 2002 10:00am
The night after we gather for Thanksgiving, we will kindle the first lights of Chanukah. Celebrating these holidays in succession — one profoundly American and pluralist in spirit, and one which marks Judaism’s spiritual and historical legacy
September 10, 2002 9:00am
Rabbi Daniel S. Brenner offers his thoughts on the ritual transition from the final blast of the shofar at the end of Yom Kippur and the first nail hammered into the frame of a sukkah to commence Sukkot.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Half of Birthright applicants flunked this Israel test – can you do better?
- The ‘Kate Middleton effect’ on synagogue fashion
- 8 of the coolest menorahs for this Hanukkah season
- From ‘Amy Winehouse sound’ creators, a funky Hanukkah anthem
- Report: Senior Israeli officials fear PA collapse
- Polish Jewish leader heads protest against new parliament