November 30, 2004 10:00am
An Israeli Supreme Court ruling postponing a decision to expedite the aliyah of some 17,000 Ethiopians who claim Jewish ancestry has enraged the Jewish Agency for Israel and given American Jewry time to mobilize its troops.
November 23, 2004 10:00am
A United Nations resolution on anti-Semitism proves the axiom that Europe is the fulcrum about which action, or inaction, takes place at the world body.
October 26, 2004 9:00am
The Knesset vote on Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon’s Gaza withdrawal plan may have sparked controversy inside Israel, but on the other side of the Atlantic it met with broad support.
October 19, 2004 9:00am
Huge growth in New York Jewry’s Orthodox and Russian-speaking populations, as well as a rise in poverty in the city’s Jewish community, are key findings of a new survey.
September 22, 2004 9:00am
After getting heat from Jewish defense groups, Wal-Mart said it would halt the sale on its Web site of “The Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion,” an anti-Semitic forgery describing an alleged Jewish plan for world domination.
August 3, 2004 9:00am
With financial institutions in New York and Washington rattled by reported terror threats, Jewish groups are continuing to craft long-term responses to a variety of potential threats.
July 29, 2004 9:00am
A graduate student at Harvard University led a successful campaign asking the school to return a donation from the United Arab Emirates that was linked to an anti-Semitic and anti-American think-tank.
July 28, 2004 9:00am
A meeting this week marked the early stages of a discussion that could spell trouble for the future of the World Zionist Organization.
July 6, 2004 9:00am
Using a recent federal law that makes it illegal to finance terrorism, some American victims of Palestinian terrorism are suing a Jordanian bank they say funds terrorists.
June 22, 2004 9:00am
This week’s U.N. conference on anti-Semitism was only the latest in a slew of recent international events addressing the growth in anti-Semitic activity worldwide but the difference in this case was that the host of the conference turned the mirror on i
OpinionWe have seen the future, and it looks Orthodox
- That time Rachel McAdams tried to go undercover as an Orthodox Jew
- How Houston’s synagogues are handling the High Holidays after Harvey
- US campuses are becoming more Israel friendly
- Worried about Jewish pluralism in Israel? So are Israelis.
- Why Obama’s former speechwriter calls him the most Jewish president ever
- Neo-Nazi group marches through Swedish city in run-up to planned Yom Kippur demonstration
- Rabbi to lead NYC’s annual Muslim Day Parade
- Hummus unites Jews and Muslims in Argentina
- Netanyahu praises Trump’s defense of Israel as UN General Assembly convenes
- Netanyahu says non-Orthodox Jews used Western Wall deal to gain recognition