November 30, 2004 10:00am
An Israeli Supreme Court ruling postponing a decision to expedite the aliyah of some 17,000 Ethiopians who claim Jewish ancestry has enraged the Jewish Agency for Israel and given American Jewry time to mobilize its troops.
November 23, 2004 10:00am
A United Nations resolution on anti-Semitism proves the axiom that Europe is the fulcrum about which action, or inaction, takes place at the world body.
October 26, 2004 9:00am
The Knesset vote on Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon’s Gaza withdrawal plan may have sparked controversy inside Israel, but on the other side of the Atlantic it met with broad support.
October 19, 2004 9:00am
Huge growth in New York Jewry’s Orthodox and Russian-speaking populations, as well as a rise in poverty in the city’s Jewish community, are key findings of a new survey.
September 22, 2004 9:00am
After getting heat from Jewish defense groups, Wal-Mart said it would halt the sale on its Web site of “The Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion,” an anti-Semitic forgery describing an alleged Jewish plan for world domination.
August 3, 2004 9:00am
With financial institutions in New York and Washington rattled by reported terror threats, Jewish groups are continuing to craft long-term responses to a variety of potential threats.
July 29, 2004 9:00am
A graduate student at Harvard University led a successful campaign asking the school to return a donation from the United Arab Emirates that was linked to an anti-Semitic and anti-American think-tank.
July 28, 2004 9:00am
A meeting this week marked the early stages of a discussion that could spell trouble for the future of the World Zionist Organization.
July 6, 2004 9:00am
Using a recent federal law that makes it illegal to finance terrorism, some American victims of Palestinian terrorism are suing a Jordanian bank they say funds terrorists.
June 22, 2004 9:00am
The Jewish Agency for Israel is launching its largest-ever educational project to infuse young Jews with the spirit of Zionism, subsidizing programs that bring Jewish youth to Israel for educational programs of five months or more.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
WatchLithuanian mayor dismantles building made from Jewish headstones
- The Brexit: Six things you need to know
- Jewish man wearing kippah beaten in Berlin
- Jewish dad takes out full-page newspaper ad seeking wife for middle-aged son
- Anti-Semitic incidents on US college campuses doubled in 2015, ADL reports
- Sarah Silverman target of anti-Semitic rant by ex-reality TV star Tila Tequila
- Donald Trump would let Israel decide on Palestinian state, says adviser
- Jewish man who sought Libertarian presidential nomination found dead
- Bernie Sanders says he will vote for Hillary Clinton
- A reflective Bernie Sanders, acknowledging Clinton as nominee, talks Trump, Larry David and what moved him to tears
- Clinton, Sanders Democratic platform drafters find common ground on Israel, Palestinians
- Ex-envoy Michael Oren to Netanyahu: Don’t agree to US defense assistance offer