June 13, 2004 9:00am
A best-selling Israeli author and a London-based Palestinian writer collaborate on a fictional account of life in the Middle East in vignettes and characters that refuse to conform to stereotypes.
March 23, 2004 10:00am
Britain’s move to make World War II aerial reconnaissance photos available online has reopened the 60-year-old debate over whether Allied forces could have bombed the concentration camps in order to stop the killing.
February 22, 2004 10:00am
A British monitoring group has reported that the number of anti-Semitic incidents in Britain last year was the second-highest total in two decades. The tension caused by the turmoil in the Middle East is blamed for the spike.
January 15, 2004 10:00am
British Jews from across the political spectrum hope that some good such as a re-evaluation of Israeli military policy may yet come from the death of a British university student shot by an Israeli soldier in the Gaza Strip.
January 4, 2004 10:00am
Conrad Black, one of the world´s most vocally pro-Israel newspaper barons, looks set to lose his media empire in the wake of financial scandals.
January 4, 2004 10:00am
Conrad Black grew up in a wealthy family of brewers, but already in college he set his sights on the world of media ownership.
December 23, 2003 10:00am
A key leader of Britan´s Jewish community called on the country´s Orthodox chief rabbi to resign for allegedly failing to speak out on key issues like anti-Semitism and Israel.
November 30, 2003 10:00am
Senior Israeli and Palestinian officials held meetings outside of London, accomplishing little, but signaling that additional talks aimed at restarting negotiations may be on the way.
October 29, 2003 10:00am
British Jewry’s main organization praised Oxford University for suspending a professor who rejected a graduate student for being Israeli but a British Jewish student group says the punishment isn’t sufficient.
October 2, 2003 9:00am
Emboldened by this summer’s recommendation by the British Farm Animal Welfare Council that all animals in the country be stunned before being slaughtered, a British vegetarian group is planning to launch a new campaign against kosher slaughter.
- Famed Israeli singer dies after rescuing his niece from drowning
- Jared Kushner answers some Russia questions, but misses these big ones
- BDS activists prevented from boarding flight to Israel
- Terror attack that killed 3 incited by ‘wild hatred,’ Netanyahu says
OpinionThe US anti-BDS bill may be bad, but not as bad as some critics say
- ‘Wonder Woman II’ in the works, Warner Bros. announces
- Pope Francis appeals for ‘moderation and dialogue’ over Temple Mount violence
- Clashes between Muslim worshippers, Israel security officials continue over Temple Mount metal detectors
- Second anti-Israel protest staged outside Istanbul synagogue
- White House to Iran: Return missing CIA consultant Robert Levinson and other ‘unjustly imprisoned Americans’