is JTA's correspondent in Toronto. He was a reporter for the Canadian Jewish News for 20 years. He is currently a freelance writer for the Globe and Mail, Toronto Star, and Religion News Service in Washington. He has a journalism degree from Concordia University in Montreal and has been awarded both a Lilly and Gralla fellowship in religious journalism.
July 28, 2015 11:56am
The couple are trying to have their convictions overturned for plotting to detonate homemade bombs at the British Columbia legislature.
July 10, 2015 1:43pm
Authorities took 17 months to act on suspicions of violence, molestation, drug abuse within Lev Tahor group before they fled, the Human Rights Commission finds.
July 9, 2015 8:46am
The cash-strapped organization also is selling a cutting-edge facility for those suffering from Alzheimer’s disease that it opened 18 months ago.
June 15, 2015 3:06pm
An online petition calling for Mike Huckabee to be pulled from his Ottawa engagement said the Republican presidential contender has made comments that have “spread degrading hatefulness towards and about transgender people.”
June 12, 2015 11:33am
There were 1,627 reported anti-Semitic incidents reported in Canada in 2014, a 28 percent increase over the year before, with most involving harassment.
June 12, 2015 10:41am
Meetings in Ottawa included delegates from Bosnia-Herzegovina, Slovenia, Romania, Serbia, Croatia, Ukraine and the European Union.
June 11, 2015 11:22am
Past Al-Quds Day rallies in the city have featured speakers labeling Jews and Israelis as “inhuman” and “sadistic,” and calling for a two-minute warning before Israelis should be shot.
May 13, 2015 9:59am
The Canadian government has denied a Canadian Broadcasting Corp report that it is considering criminalizing boycotts of Israel.
March 11, 2015 3:25pm
Liberal Party leader Justin Trudeau referenced Canada’s dismal record on admitting Jewish refugees before and during World War II in a speech on intolerance facing Muslims today.
March 5, 2015 3:29pm
The volume offers “a Canadian perspective on our timeless story of freedom – our Jewish history as seen through Canadian eyes,” states the Passover book’s introduction.
- Three Italian brothers try to find the cave they lived in during the Holocaust
- Israeli terror victims named; Abbas calls for Palestinian ‘victory’
- Sean Spicer resigns: The press secretary’s most memorable Jewish moments
- Secular young Jews come here for drinks, socializing — and Torah learning
- Chechnya’s Jewish community doesn’t exist — but it’s angry at Israel
- Shuttered Bronx synagogue becomes a dumping ground
- Sephardi heritage center honors Spanish politician who said Israel massacres children
- ‘Wonder Woman II’ in the works, Warner Bros announces
- Why Jews from Libya are worried about the fate of the country’s Jewish artifacts
- B’nai B’rith slams State Dept. for saying ‘lack of hope’ drives terrorism
- Pope Francis appeals for ‘moderation and dialogue’ over Temple Mount violence