July 3, 2014 3:49pm
Pope Francis phoned Rome’s chief rabbi to express condolences on the murder of three Israeli teenagers.
June 27, 2014 4:03pm
Two events, hundreds of miles apart, demonstrated the range of ways in which the memory of Jews and the Holocaust are commemorated in Poland.
June 24, 2014 2:50pm
Katka Reszke and Slawomir Grunberg found their Jewish identities later in life, and their Wroclaw nuptials were a showcase of Poland’s Jewish renewal.
June 15, 2014 7:05am
Several Polish rabbis and Jewish lay leaders criticized Krakow’s new chief rabbi for saying all non-Jews do not like Jews — a statement he was recorded making in an interview and then denied uttering.
June 10, 2014 5:43pm
Angered by what they see as government whitewashing of history, Hungarian Jews are raising money for their own Holocaust remembrance efforts.
June 8, 2014 2:54pm
The body of Robert Kuwalek, one of Poland’s foremost Holocaust scholars, was found days after he had been reported missing in Ukraine.
May 30, 2014 6:46am
Italy’s Jewish community is taking legal action against a television talk show for running an interview this week with a right-wing extremist who extolled fascism.
May 28, 2014 6:22am
A town on the southeast outskirts of Budapest has reversed a 2012 decision to name its main square after Hungary’s Nazi-allied World War II leader Miklos Horthy.
May 26, 2014 6:03am
United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon condemned the killing of four people in a Brussels Jewish museum.
May 19, 2014 3:00pm
Pope Francis is taking along two old friends from his days as archbishop of Buenos Aires to send a message on his upcoming Mideast trip about interfaith cooperation.
- Over 600 rabbis, cantors sign pledge to hold Trump administration accountable for human rights
- Trump’s defense pick is dividing right-wing pro-Israel groups
- Students at Toronto university walk out on vote to mark Holocaust Education Week
- Breitbart’s Jerusalem chief explains site’s ‘nationalist’ appeal
- ADL chief sees ‘organized’ campaign to discredit group
- Treasury pick Steven Mnuchin was mentored by two of Trump’s ‘global’ villains