October 28, 2014 5:08pm
The presidents of Poland and Israel jointly inaugurated the long-awaited core exhibit of the POLIN Museum of the History of Polish Jews, erected on the site of the Warsaw Ghetto.
October 28, 2014 12:24pm
“It is not a museum of the Holocaust, it is a museum of life,” Israel’s president, Reuven Rivlin, said at the official opening ceremony of the more than $100 million Polin Museum of the History of Polish Jews.
October 28, 2014 6:15am
The Polin Museum of the History of Polish Jews in Warsaw celebrated its grand opening with a series of events.
October 21, 2014 10:17am
Mayor Ignazio Marino of Rome is in Poland leading city high school students on the annual “Memory Journey” Holocaust education trip to Auschwitz and Krakow.
October 19, 2014 8:02am
Pope Paul VI, the first pontiff to visit Israel, has moved a step closer to sainthood.
October 12, 2014 2:58pm
The mayor of Rome condemned a public commemoration in the city for the late Nazi war criminal Erich Priebke.
October 10, 2014 8:33am
The works of Patrick Modiano, the French author awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature, deal frequently with the experience of Jews under the collaborationist Vichy Regime in World War II occupied France.
October 10, 2014 4:54am
Brief film clips from 1923 made public this month are believed to be the earliest video images of Italian Jews and among the oldest home movies produced in Italy.
October 1, 2014 2:54pm
An organization in Wronki, Poland, is creating a lapidarium-style memorial at the site of a destroyed Jewish cemetery in town.
September 29, 2014 1:53pm
Prime Minister Viktor Orban of Hungary ordered the banning of a right-wing extremist conference in Budapest.
- Israel freezes Western Wall compromise that was to create egalitarian prayer section
- Otto Warmbier’s Hillel rabbi recalls ‘one of the most intellectually curious people I’ve ever met’
- NASCAR’s first Israeli driver is an unlikely success story
- Most rabbinical schools lack parental leave policies — and students are not happy about it
- Texas kayak company loses contract for slurring Jews, Mexicans
- 3 barred from Chicago lesbian march for carrying ‘triggering’ Star of David pride flags