November 27, 2014 5:03pm
The gathering outside Milan is expected to draw neo-Nazi bands and hundreds of skinheads and other right-wing extremists from various countries.
November 23, 2014 1:22pm
Several Italian Jewish leaders said economic distress figured strongly for the move, with Jews feeling that “they can lead a better life in Israel.”
November 19, 2014 4:13pm
Pope Francis said he prayed for the victims of a terror attack on a Jerusalem synagogue and appealed for peace between Israelis and Palestinians.
November 19, 2014 3:19pm
A country with only about 20,000 Jews now boasts dozens of Jewish museums, culture festivals, academic departments and hundreds of grassroots initiatives focused on preserving Jewish heritage.
November 17, 2014 6:13am
Jadwiga Pilsudska Jaraczewska recently met with Poland’s chief rabbi, Michael Schudrich, along with her children and grandchildren.
November 12, 2014 7:20am
The $12 million project is expected to be completed in time for events in 2016 marking the 500th anniversary of the creation of the Venice Ghetto.
October 28, 2014 5:08pm
The presidents of Poland and Israel jointly inaugurated the long-awaited core exhibit of the POLIN Museum of the History of Polish Jews, erected on the site of the Warsaw Ghetto.
October 28, 2014 12:24pm
“It is not a museum of the Holocaust, it is a museum of life,” Israel’s president, Reuven Rivlin, said at the official opening ceremony of the more than $100 million Polin Museum of the History of Polish Jews.
October 28, 2014 6:15am
The Polin Museum of the History of Polish Jews in Warsaw celebrated its grand opening with a series of events.
October 21, 2014 10:17am
Mayor Ignazio Marino of Rome is in Poland leading city high school students on the annual “Memory Journey” Holocaust education trip to Auschwitz and Krakow.
- Rabbi says meat from genetically cloned pig could be eaten by Jews – including with milk
- Colombian Jewish TV news anchor asked to resign after refusing to cross herself on air
- A tour guide uncovers Passover secrets in the Met Museum’s Egyptian wing
- Father of Polish prime minister says Jews gladly moved to ghettos to get away from non-Jews
- How matzah became a household item for non-Jews in the Netherlands
- 5 Haggadahs and other Passover supplements to modernize your seder this year
- Cambridge Analytica reportedly used Israeli companies and former Israeli spies for intelligence gathering
- Polish government backs away from Holocaust-denying remarks by prime minister’s father
- Interfaith activities improve ties between American Jews and Muslims, study says
WatchStephen Colbert worked out with Ruth Bader Ginsburg. He barely kept up.
- National Geographic’s first Jewish editor in chief opens up about racism in the magazine’s past