July 23, 2010 1:20am
The U.S. military conducted surveys about troops’ attitudes toward Jews between 1946 and 1947.
July 23, 2010 12:40am
An Israeli court ruled that papers belonging to writer Franz Kafka, possibly including an unpublished manuscript, will be made public for the first time.
July 23, 2010 12:15am
A multidenominational rally denouncing the Israeli police’s arrest of the Women of the Wall leader was held outside the Israeli Embassy in Washington.
July 22, 2010 11:30pm
Congressional staffers were briefed on incitement from a group critical of the Palestinian leadership.
July 22, 2010 7:23pm
A popular 1970s disco band acquiesced to a request not to perform a song in the West Bank that refers to Jews’ yearning to return to Zion.
July 22, 2010 4:11pm
The Orthodox Union praised a New Jersey commission’s recommendations about improving non-public schools in the state.
July 21, 2010 4:17pm
Americans opposed to Israel’s blockade of the Gaza Strip are organizing a ship from the United States to take part in an international flotilla.
July 20, 2010 10:17pm
Dozens of protesters stood outside the Capitol to denounce Congress’ handling of the BP oil spill while commemorating Tisha B’Av.
July 20, 2010 7:25pm
The Jewish Council for Public Affairs urged the House of Representatives to pass a child nutrition funding act before its August recess.
July 20, 2010 7:06pm
U.S. Rep. Gary Ackerman (D-N.Y.) has asked the Securities and Exchange Commission to make companies aware that they may be in violation of the new Iran sanctions law.
- Could Gal Gadot become the biggest Israeli superstar ever?
- Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump reportedly failed to disclose multimillion-dollar art collection
- Scuffle erupts at rally against CUNY’s hosting of BDS promoter Linda Sarsour
- Britain joins US in opposing UN health body’s resolution singling out Israel
- This brave Jewish soldier saved an American battalion during WWI
- Kushner reportedly encouraged to step aside as FBI investigates Russia contacts
- Jewish, Muslim Manchester mourners have been friends for 10 years
- Hungarian state TV airs Iranian leader calling George Soros ‘evil Zionist-American’
- Palestinian hunger strikers end fast after compromise on family visits
- Estonian Jewry celebrates revival 75 years after Nazis declared it extinct
- Among Lithuania’s Jews, a fight for communal control takes a nasty ethnic turn