July 23, 2010 1:20am
The U.S. military conducted surveys about troops’ attitudes toward Jews between 1946 and 1947.
July 23, 2010 12:40am
An Israeli court ruled that papers belonging to writer Franz Kafka, possibly including an unpublished manuscript, will be made public for the first time.
July 23, 2010 12:15am
A multidenominational rally denouncing the Israeli police’s arrest of the Women of the Wall leader was held outside the Israeli Embassy in Washington.
July 22, 2010 11:30pm
Congressional staffers were briefed on incitement from a group critical of the Palestinian leadership.
July 22, 2010 7:23pm
A popular 1970s disco band acquiesced to a request not to perform a song in the West Bank that refers to Jews’ yearning to return to Zion.
July 22, 2010 4:11pm
The Orthodox Union praised a New Jersey commission’s recommendations about improving non-public schools in the state.
July 21, 2010 4:17pm
Americans opposed to Israel’s blockade of the Gaza Strip are organizing a ship from the United States to take part in an international flotilla.
July 20, 2010 10:17pm
Dozens of protesters stood outside the Capitol to denounce Congress’ handling of the BP oil spill while commemorating Tisha B’Av.
July 20, 2010 7:25pm
The Jewish Council for Public Affairs urged the House of Representatives to pass a child nutrition funding act before its August recess.
July 20, 2010 7:06pm
U.S. Rep. Gary Ackerman (D-N.Y.) has asked the Securities and Exchange Commission to make companies aware that they may be in violation of the new Iran sanctions law.
- Three Italian brothers try to find the cave they lived in during the Holocaust
- Israeli terror victims named; Abbas calls for Palestinian ‘victory’
- Sean Spicer resigns: The press secretary’s most memorable Jewish moments
- Secular young Jews come here for drinks, socializing — and Torah learning
- Chechnya’s Jewish community doesn’t exist — but it’s angry at Israel
- Shuttered Bronx synagogue becomes a dumping ground
- Pope Francis appeals for ‘moderation and dialogue’ over Temple Mount violence
- Clashes between Muslim worshippers, Israel security officials continue over Temple Mount metal detectors
- Second anti-Israel protest staged outside Istanbul synagogue
- White House to Iran: Return missing CIA consultant Robert Levinson and other ‘unjustly imprisoned Americans’
- Philadelphia 76ers draft pick to play for Maccabi Tel Aviv