April 18, 2016 11:00am
(JTA invited supporters of the five leading Republican and Democratic contenders for their parties’ presidential nomination to submit opinion pieces in support of their candidate. Other responses can be found here.) NEW YORK (JTA) — On Nov. 8, 2016, if Hillary Clinton is the Democratic nominee, I expect to be voting enthusiastically for Clinton for…
November 10, 2015 4:25pm
Data suggests that while the overall number of Conservative Jews has declined, the level of engagement among those who remain is still strong, sociologist Steven M. Cohen writes.
November 5, 2015 5:34pm
The movement, which is holding its biennial this week, appears to have the human assets it will need to confront the challenges that lie ahead.
July 13, 2015 2:57pm
For new initiatives to succeed at beating back the movement to boycott Israel, they must target not only college students but Jewish teenagers, write David Bryfman and Steven M. Cohen.
April 2, 2015 3:53pm
If you marry a Jew, you’re part of our community until proven otherwise, Steven M. Cohen and Joy Levitt write.
November 10, 2014 11:31am
If federations and other mainstream Jewish institutions are to survive, the population of Conservative and Reform Jews who are unambiguously attached to Jewish life must be nurtured and expanded, two researchers write.
November 29, 2013 3:29pm
Steven M. Cohen and Rabbi Kerry Olitzky outline their vision for a cultural pathway to join the Jewish people that does not require religious commitments.
February 12, 2007 10:00am
If the community rejects the wishful thinking and false optimism that has grown up around the intermarriage question, it can stop this grave threat, sociologist Steven M. Cohen writes.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Leaked emails show Hillary Clinton eager to patch things up with Netanyahu
- Over 250 female rabbis sign letter slamming Donald Trump ‘hate speech’
- ‘Friends’ co-creator takes on US remake of Israeli TV show about Orthodox family
- With UNESCO vote, Palestinians’ bid for attention backfires
- The final debate: RBG, Soros and Iran lost amid concession outrage
- U of Maryland football offers a handy workaround for Shabbat-observant fans
- Scarlett Johansson opens Paris popcorn shop
- Report: Jerusalem pro-Trump rally downsized
- In Miami Beach, Donald Trump’s Orthodox support is increasingly on the down-low
- One Jew, One Vote: Ayalon Eliach, 33
- Joe Lieberman, stumping for a Clinton in Florida, feels like he’s ‘home again’
- In Amsterdam, these Jewish-American comics fight dirty for Hilllary