November 10, 2015 4:25pm
Data suggests that while the overall number of Conservative Jews has declined, the level of engagement among those who remain is still strong, sociologist Steven M. Cohen writes.
November 5, 2015 5:34pm
The movement, which is holding its biennial this week, appears to have the human assets it will need to confront the challenges that lie ahead.
July 13, 2015 2:57pm
For new initiatives to succeed at beating back the movement to boycott Israel, they must target not only college students but Jewish teenagers, write David Bryfman and Steven M. Cohen.
April 2, 2015 3:53pm
If you marry a Jew, you’re part of our community until proven otherwise, Steven M. Cohen and Joy Levitt write.
November 10, 2014 11:31am
If federations and other mainstream Jewish institutions are to survive, the population of Conservative and Reform Jews who are unambiguously attached to Jewish life must be nurtured and expanded, two researchers write.
November 29, 2013 3:29pm
Steven M. Cohen and Rabbi Kerry Olitzky outline their vision for a cultural pathway to join the Jewish people that does not require religious commitments.
February 12, 2007 10:00am
If the community rejects the wishful thinking and false optimism that has grown up around the intermarriage question, it can stop this grave threat, sociologist Steven M. Cohen writes.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Bernie Sanders wins New Hampshire primary, makes Jewish history
- Ted Cruz campaign defends pastor who said God will send hunters for Jews
- Jewish day schools in 2 US cities receive threatening phone calls
- Op-Ed: I’m not your mitzvah project
- Did Bernie Sanders just steal Joe Lieberman’s Jewish crown?
- Mayim Bialik puts Jewish modesty aside, flashes Piers Morgan