August 27, 2013 11:09am
With Rosh Hashanah and Labor Day so close on the calendar this year, it’s the ideal moment to consider the imperative of raising the federal minimum wage, writes the president of the Jewish Labor Committee.
August 26, 2012 7:52pm
On this Labor Day, let us rededicate ourselves to rebuilding the broad solidarity that has always been the foundation for a fair, decent and strong society, writes the president of the Jewish Labor Committee.
August 25, 2008 9:00am
The president of the Jewish Labor Committee makes a pitch for a new law making it easier for workers to unionize.
August 30, 2007 9:00am
The American labor movement opposed the Nazis, supported Soviet Jewry and challenged bigotry against Jews in the United States. This summer it took up the cause of fighting anti-Israel boycotts.
- Romania’s Parliament passes law providing more money for Holocaust survivors
- White House uses ‘Jerusalem, Israel’ in live feed of Trump visit
- Netanyahu angrily orders ministers to attend Trump arrival ceremony
- Books stolen from Polish Jewish communities during WWII donated to foundation
- I may have ‘horsed around’ in Nazi camp in my youth, Bulgarian deputy PM says