April 17, 2013 6:45pm
Israeli singer Yaniv D’Or picked up a protester who came on stage at an Israel Independence Day concert in Johannesburg and handed her to security.
December 18, 2012 11:54am
A resolution aimed at boycott, divestment and sanctions against Israel could gain majority support at this week’s National Conference of South Africa’s ruling African National Congress party.
March 1, 2012 6:09pm
In the world’s poorest country, a Jewish woman has marshaled her international connections to help the families of those affected by the HIV/AIDS epidemic.
November 29, 2011 10:58am
Jewish families living in South Africa’s Garden Route have formed a Jewish association.
April 4, 2011 6:54pm
A rabbi handing out matzah and wine for Passover to Jews in Zimbabwe was attacked by a swarm of African killer bees.
March 22, 2010 8:44pm
Students from a Jewish school in South Africa and the black township of Soweto joined together for a bicycling fund-raiser from Johannesburg to Durban.
February 8, 2009 8:58pm
Israel supporters rallied in Johannesburg, overpowering an illegal anti-Israel demonstration.
January 12, 2009 1:00am
A South African Muslim group wants the country’s chief rabbi removed from a religious leaders’ forum over the Gaza incursion.
January 8, 2009 11:45pm
A high-profile elected official participated in a large protest in South Africa against Israel’s operation in the Gaza Strip.
November 20, 2008 1:17am
A well-known Israeli diamond dealer was shot dead outside the downtown Johannesburg Diamond Center as he left the building.
- Israeli-American teen arrested in Israel for over 100 JCC bomb threats
- Rasmea Odeh, Palestinian woman imprisoned in Israel for terror attack, takes US plea deal
- JCC bomb threat suspect, named Michael Kaydar, reportedly used Bitcoin, Google Voice
- Jeff Sessions: JCC bomb threat probe spanned multiple continents
AnalysisIs Trump owed an apology after the JCC bomb threat arrest? Is anybody?
- Jewish bomb threat suspect undermines groups’ narrative on anti-Semitism
- US Holocaust Museum to award Angela Merkel with top honor named for Elie Wiesel
- In second week of US-Israel talks, Trump ‘concerns’ on settlements remain
OpinionOhio State Hillel is anti-BDS, not anti-LGBT
- The 5 best exotic Passover hotels
- Bernie Sanders declares ‘victory’ in withdrawal of GOP health bill, Reform movement urges expanding coverage