October 23, 2014 11:38am
The Northern Californian earned the nickname “toothbrush lady” for her work collecting dental hygiene supplies for her local Ronald McDonald House.
October 15, 2014 1:16pm
Maxine Harvey’s organization, Debbie’s Treasure Chest, has provided 1,500 families in need with everything from toys, clothing, and holiday decorations.
October 2, 2014 12:00pm
The Florida teen spent her summer running the camp for impoverished girls in Ecuador after raising the $30,000 to make it happen.
September 18, 2014 11:59am
The Illinois native’s GreenShields Project cuts buses’ fuel use by up to 25 percent.
September 11, 2014 11:42am
Samantha Vinik’s iTold4 campaign has reached the ears of 2,300 fourth-graders, training them to prevent hearing loss.
September 4, 2014 11:22am
Tyler Barbee started an athletic league for children with disabilities.
June 26, 2014 11:42am
After discovering homelessness was an issue even in her own affluent suburb, Bailey Dinam began volunteering at a nearby shelter.
June 19, 2014 1:31pm
Joe Goldberg oversaw Operation 54,000 — a campaign promoting community service — and its culminating event, “54K Day.”
June 12, 2014 12:00pm
Zak Kukoff’s Autism Ambassadors and a separate curriculum he developed are teaching teenagers about autism.
May 29, 2014 11:10am
Through a school group she led, Romaner volunteered at local homeless shelters and also raised money for them.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- How Paris public schools became no-go zones for Jews
WatchOlympic figure skater Sasha Cohen dances hora at wedding — to Bruno Mars
- Steven Hill, Orthodox Jewish actor who played ‘Law & Order’ DA, dies at 94
- In Israeli first, Orthodox Jerusalem synagogue hires female spiritual leader
- NFL player Terrell Suggs lost weight — by cutting down on gefilte fish
- The 9 best Jews to play Trump in Clinton’s debate prep
- It’s indisputable: The GOP is the pro-Israel party
- Quit the failed attempts to paint Democrats as weak on Israel
- Trump campaign opens 3rd Israeli office, near Tel Aviv
- Outside Haim Saban fundraiser for Hillary Clinton, Black Lives Matter protests for Palestinians
- Is Donald Trump’s proposal to keep out anti-Semites practical — or ethical?
- Citing their ‘core beliefs,’ 40 Orthodox clergy condemn Trump’s ‘hateful rhetoric’