April 10, 2011 9:35pm
Seder plates can be porcelain heirlooms or a child’s precious gift, but they all tell the same story of a people’s liberation.
November 29, 2010 9:11am
Chanukah celebrations are focused on children, but there’s a place for adults in the holiday as well.
September 8, 2010 9:35pm
Rosh Hashanah is traditionally a two-day holiday, but attendance in many synagogues plummets on the second day. Some say it’s too difficult to miss work or sit through services for two days, but others insist that the soul needs the extra time.
August 12, 2010 11:59pm
To better understand the effects of the Holocaust on breast cancer today, the nonprofit group Sharsheret organized a program to address the concerns of breast cancer survivors and Holocaust survivors.
March 10, 2010 11:53pm
When you are dating, the hungry can often interpret a come-and-eat invitation as more symbolic than the shank bone on a seder plate. Here are some tips on knowing when it’s the right time to extend an invitation to that someone special.
March 10, 2010 11:26pm
Though most attention is focused on conflicts surrounding the Christmas and Chanukah seasons, interfaith families also report dealing with tricky situations during the spring’s two major Jewish and Christian holidays.
February 2, 2010 8:32pm
Recognizing a need, Jewish Women International and United Synagogue Youth collaborated on a comprehensive source book to help educate Jewish teenagers on the importance of developing healthy relationships.
December 22, 2009 1:56am
Late-night television audiences have come to expect zany song-and-dance numbers from Conan O’Brien’s “The Tonight Show,” but the show’s recent Mormon Christmas send-up actually had its roots in an unusual place: an offline brainstorming session among progressive Jewish bloggers.
December 8, 2009 10:50pm
Reporting from the scene of the Jewish Women International’s 12th annual Women to Watch gala.
August 14, 2009 11:50pm
Social worker Judy Simon helped launch a growing genealogical trend when she used DNA testing to help prove her Latvian grandfather’s claim that the family were Sephardic Jews.
- Jared and Ivanka’s rabbis don’t know who gave them permission to fly on Shabbat
- Is Meghan Markle Jewish? The internet is confused.
- Jared, Ivanka and that Friday night flight: Experts respond
- Orthodox Jewish paramedic sues NY hospital over its no-skirts policy
WatchMark Zuckerberg just used a Hebrew prayer to inspire Harvard ’17
- ‘Alt-right’ celebrates alleged body slam of Jewish reporter Ben Jacobs by GOP congressional candidate
- Britain joins US in opposing UN health body’s resolution singling out Israel
- How this African-American Jew uses cooking to fuse his two identities
- Hungarian state TV airs Iranian leader calling George Soros ‘evil Zionist-American’
- There’s an Orthodox version of ‘Shark Tank’
- Animal rights group appeals decision allowing Yom Kippur chicken rite