is JTA's Los Angeles correspondent. A veteran journalist, he also writes for the Jerusalem Post, the Los Angeles Jewish Journal and the London Jewish Chronicle.
August 29, 2012 6:32pm
Kyra Sedgwick and Matisyahu bring the mystical Jewish character back to the big screen.
August 17, 2012 7:58pm
Ari Ephraim Rubin, vice chairman of the Jewish Defense League, died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound on July 20.
August 3, 2012 1:41pm
Mitchell Flint, a former American fighter pilot in London to see the Olympics, recalls a 1948 visit to the British capital and his ruse to help Israel fight its War of Independence.
July 9, 2012 10:48am
The publisher of the Jewish Journal of Greater Los Angeles has launched a project aiming to have Woody Allen shoot his next film in Israel.
June 15, 2012 7:32pm
At 95, Kirk Douglas has just released his 10th book and is prepping for his third bar mitzvah.
May 30, 2012 8:24am
Shimon Erem, who fought for Israel in four wars and was recognized as the “patriarch” of the Israeli community in Los Angeles, has died.
May 8, 2012 9:39am
Reputed Israeli crime boss Itzhak Abergil pleaded guilty in a Los Angeles federal court to participating in a large-scale Ecstasy distribution ring.
May 7, 2012 10:29am
The Spielberg clan honored one of its own — not filmmaker Steven or one of his three sisters, but family patriarch Arnold Meyer Spielberg.
April 3, 2012 10:33am
Gerald (Jerry) Estrin, a computer pioneer in the United States and Israel who built the first computer in the Middle East, has died.
March 12, 2012 10:59am
Israeli President Shimon Peres ended a weeklong visit to California with a wide-ranging discussion with Latino leaders.
WatchThis Canadian model is a comedy sensation in Israel
- The 5 best exotic Passover hotels
- This 90-year-old German rabbi is now a movie star
- Report: Boris Epshteyn, overseer of Trump press surrogates, leaving post
- Freemasons boss assaulted in suspected anti-Semitic incident in Paris
- IfNotNow protesters dance, chant outside AIPAC conference
OpinionOhio State Hillel is anti-BDS, not anti-LGBT
- Bernie Sanders declares ‘victory’ in withdrawal of GOP health bill, Reform movement urges expanding coverage
- Trump’s new Israel envoy gets a mixed welcome from Jewish groups
- AIPAC opens conference with appeal to bipartisanship amid polarization
- Frankfurt Jewish group severs ties with German city’s Chabad over ‘disrespect’ and ‘insults’