is JTA's Los Angeles correspondent. A veteran journalist, he also writes for the Jerusalem Post, the Los Angeles Jewish Journal and the London Jewish Chronicle.
December 18, 2011 1:53pm
Famed directors Woody Allen and Steven Spielberg led the list of Jewish nominees for Golden Globe Awards.
December 15, 2011 9:06pm
Attorneys Joseph Schick and Jacob Septimus are forging ahead with an action-heavy film made in Israel on the Jewish state’s June 1967 victory over Arab armies.
December 6, 2011 1:52pm
Yossarian, the central character in Joseph Heller’s “Catch-22,” was not Jewish, the author wrote in a 40-year-old letter.
November 17, 2011 8:50pm
Two American producer-directors, on opposite coasts, are in the process of turning Yehuda Avner’s book “The Prime Ministers” into separate films.
November 15, 2011 6:55pm
A rare collection of stamps, letters, ID cards and other documents of the Nazi era was donated to the Los Angeles Museum of the Holocaust.
November 6, 2011 12:50pm
Fanny Brice would have blown her top at the news: The revival of “Funny Girl,” based on the life of the old trooper, was canceled.
November 2, 2011 11:08am
Gilbert (“Gil”) Cates, a multifaceted theater, film and television producer and director, as well as a university dean, has died.
October 23, 2011 3:44pm
Norman Corwin, whose soaring plays gave luster to the golden age of radio in the 1930s and 1940s, has died at 101.
October 18, 2011 5:52pm
The “anonymous” buyer of a historic letter written by Albert Einstein — E. Randol “Randy” Schoenberg, president of the Los Angeles Museum of the Holocaust — entered the bidding a day before it closed.
October 12, 2011 12:30pm
A letter written by Albert Einstein to a Jewish New York businessman was sold at auction for nearly $14,000.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Leaked emails show Hillary Clinton eager to patch things up with Netanyahu
- Over 250 female rabbis sign letter slamming Donald Trump ‘hate speech’
- With UNESCO vote, Palestinians’ bid for attention backfires
- ‘Friends’ co-creator takes on US remake of Israeli TV show about Orthodox family
- The final debate: RBG, Soros and Iran lost amid concession outrage
- How all the Jewish MLB players did in 2016
- Jerusalem and Tel Aviv among world’s top 40 cities, travel magazine readers say
- Bar Refaeli’s post-birth figure wows world media
- Frustrated with Trump, Sheldon Adelson said to focus on Senate
- Curt Schilling asks CNN’s Jake Tapper why Jews back Democrats
- Jewish plus-size model shocks German viewers with anorexia photos
- Scarlett Johansson opens Paris popcorn shop
- Republicans deny downsizing Trump event in Jerusalem
- In Miami Beach, Donald Trump’s Orthodox support is increasingly on the down-low
- One Jew, One Vote: Ayalon Eliach, 33
- Joe Lieberman, stumping for a Clinton in Florida, feels like he’s ‘home again’
- In Amsterdam, these Jewish-American comics fight dirty for Hilllary