is JTA's Los Angeles correspondent. A veteran journalist, he also writes for the Jerusalem Post, the Los Angeles Jewish Journal and the London Jewish Chronicle.
October 18, 2011 5:52pm
The “anonymous” buyer of a historic letter written by Albert Einstein — E. Randol “Randy” Schoenberg, president of the Los Angeles Museum of the Holocaust — entered the bidding a day before it closed.
October 12, 2011 12:30pm
A letter written by Albert Einstein to a Jewish New York businessman was sold at auction for nearly $14,000.
October 12, 2011 11:25am
Ezri Namvar, a businessman and philanthropist in the Los Angeles Iranian-Jewish community, was sentenced to seven years in federal prison for stealing $21 million from four clients.
October 2, 2011 8:51pm
For JTA’s Tom Tugend, the 1919 letter with Hitler’s slanted signature brings back memories of growing up as a Jewish boy in Berlin and twice encountering the Fuehrer.
October 2, 2011 8:37pm
A two-page letter by Adolf Hitler from 1919 — the first written political statement of the future Fuehrer — will be shown to the public for the first time by the Simon Wiesenthal Center at its Museum of Tolerance in Los Angeles.
August 28, 2011 1:22pm
A faculty member has demanded that the law school at the University of California, Los Angeles reject a $10 million gift from the brother of an infamous junk-bond trader.
August 21, 2011 12:29pm
Edith “Edie” Wasserman, widow of studio mogul Lew Wasserman and a major Hollywood force and philanthropist in her own right, has died.
July 26, 2011 2:17pm
Mark Zuckerberg and Benjamin Netanyahu head The Jerusalem Post’s second annual list of the world’s 50 Top Jews.
July 24, 2011 9:34pm
Ask Kirk Douglas for the proudest accomplishment in his 94 years and the iconic actor cites his actions in breaking the infamous Hollywood blacklist. The San Francisco Jewish Film Festival will honor his deed with its Freedom of Expression Award.
June 19, 2011 12:41pm
A Jewish congressman and three Lebanese-American colleagues are co-sponsoring a bill to eliminate U.S. aid to Lebanon if Hezbollah stays in the ruling government.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
WatchLithuanian mayor dismantles building made from Jewish headstones
- The Brexit: Six things you need to know
- Jewish man wearing kippah beaten in Berlin
- Anti-Semitic incidents on US college campuses doubled in 2015, ADL reports
- Jewish dad takes out full-page newspaper ad seeking wife for middle-aged son
- Sarah Silverman target of anti-Semitic rant by ex-reality TV star Tila Tequila
- Donald Trump would let Israel decide on Palestinian state, says adviser
- Jewish man who sought Libertarian presidential nomination found dead
- Bernie Sanders says he will vote for Hillary Clinton
- A reflective Bernie Sanders, acknowledging Clinton as nominee, talks Trump, Larry David and what moved him to tears
- Clinton, Sanders Democratic platform drafters find common ground on Israel, Palestinians
- Ex-envoy Michael Oren to Netanyahu: Don’t agree to US defense assistance offer