is JTA's Los Angeles correspondent. A veteran journalist, he also writes for the Jerusalem Post, the Los Angeles Jewish Journal and the London Jewish Chronicle.
January 28, 2013 4:47pm
Two films financed by the Israeli government and now vying for the Academy Award for best documentary feature take sharp aim at Israel’s policies in the Palestinian territories.
January 14, 2013 11:21am
The Israeli movie “Fill the Void” was named the best foreign language film at the Palm Springs International Film Festival in Southern California.
January 10, 2013 4:15pm
Two Israeli films, “5 Broken Cameras” and “The Gatekeepers,” are among the five movies nominated for best documentary for the Academy Awards.
December 21, 2012 5:33pm
Israel’s 2012 Academy Award entry failed to make the list of nine semi-finalists among foreign-language films.
November 16, 2012 3:47pm
Campus administrators at the University of California, Irvine rejected a resolution by the undergraduate student council calling for divestment from companies that “profit from Israel’s occupation of Palestine.”
November 8, 2012 11:55am
Carmen Warschaw, a national and California state Democratic leader and philanthropist, has died.
October 23, 2012 4:34pm
Led by Zubin Mehta, its music director for life, the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra will play four concerts in five nights starting with the famed Carnegie Hall, where a work by Israeli composer and conductor Noam Sheriff will make its New York premiere.
September 12, 2012 6:28pm
The director of an anti-Islam film that helped spark attacks on U.S. diplomatic facilities that left the U.S. envoy to Libya dead is not Israeli as he claimed, a consultant to the film said.
September 3, 2012 9:24pm
The mayor of Brussels apologized to the Jewish community for the municipality’s Holocaust-era “role” in deporting Jews, but added he would “not pass judgment.”
September 2, 2012 7:07pm
Rabbi David Wolpe of Sinai Temple in Los Angeles will deliver the benediction at a session of the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, N.C.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Russia to return Israeli tank captured by Syria in 1982
- Historic Jewish wedding in Turkey triggers hate speech online
- Vandalism at 3 New England synagogues aims to intimidate community, ADL regional leader says
- CRIF’s new president: French Jews’ situation worst since 1945
- Argentine ex-minister’s Iran tape admitted as evidence of alleged treason
- Ohio Israeli eatery to close following February machete attack
- Bernie Sanders: Israel has a right to US protection
- Donald Trump: Debating trailing Bernie Sanders would be ‘inappropriate’
- NY Times editor calls out Donald Trump for ignoring supporters’ anti-Semitic tweets
- Donald Trump says he would debate Bernie Sanders for charity
- Bernie Sanders expects ‘consensus’ on Palestinian rights at Democratic convention
- Democrats said to be debating ouster of Wasserman Schultz as party chair