October 13, 2010 10:50pm
British Jews are concerned about where Labor’s new leader, Ed Miliband, will take the party on Israel policy.
May 12, 2010 7:46pm
With Britons uncertain of how the country’s first coalition government since World War II will go about governing, the country’s Jewish community is taking a wait-and-see approach to the new Conservative-Liberal Democrat government.
April 28, 2010 9:13pm
A new book that criticizes Britain’s chief rabbi is opening old wounds and sparking a new debate about whether the institution of the British chief rabbi is outdated for the country’s diverse Jewish community.
April 27, 2010 6:23pm
With the Liberal Democratic candidate having upended the race for British prime minister, Jews are concerned about the Israel record of a party likely to wield considerable power in the next parliament. The vote is May 6.
February 2, 2010 11:34pm
A British Supreme Court ruling that regulates admission requirements for Jewish schools is being seen across the Jewish denominational spectrum as government interference in a matter of religion. The question of how to react has left British Jewry bitterly divided.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Op-Ed: Faigy Mayer’s suicide is a Jewish tragedy, not just an Orthodox one
- Why is a thriving Boston-area synagogue spending $15 million – to downsize?
- ‘Miracle’ babies born in Israel to identical twin parents
- James Franco to have bar mitzvah, with help from Seth Rogen
- Former Hasid shared anti-Hasidic Judaism essay a week before killing herself
- N.Y. woman identified as ex-Hasid jumps 20 stories to her death