October 13, 2010 10:50pm
British Jews are concerned about where Labor’s new leader, Ed Miliband, will take the party on Israel policy.
May 12, 2010 7:46pm
With Britons uncertain of how the country’s first coalition government since World War II will go about governing, the country’s Jewish community is taking a wait-and-see approach to the new Conservative-Liberal Democrat government.
April 28, 2010 9:13pm
A new book that criticizes Britain’s chief rabbi is opening old wounds and sparking a new debate about whether the institution of the British chief rabbi is outdated for the country’s diverse Jewish community.
April 27, 2010 6:23pm
With the Liberal Democratic candidate having upended the race for British prime minister, Jews are concerned about the Israel record of a party likely to wield considerable power in the next parliament. The vote is May 6.
February 2, 2010 11:34pm
A British Supreme Court ruling that regulates admission requirements for Jewish schools is being seen across the Jewish denominational spectrum as government interference in a matter of religion. The question of how to react has left British Jewry bitterly divided.
- Muslim civil rights group offers $5,000 reward for information on JCC bomb threats
- Leah Adler, mother of Steven Spielberg and popular restaurateur, dies at 97
- Author JK Rowling helps boost Muslim campaign to repair vandalized Jewish cemetery
- NJ yeshiva alumni, former staff implore graduate Jared Kushner to help halt refugee ban
- After much prodding, Trump condemns anti-Semitism
- Meet the Jewish couple leading the Trump resistance
- Jewish groups seek action from Trump to match his words on anti-Semitism
- Pence visits vandalized cemetery, condemns threats to JCCs
- Muslim campaign raises over $100,000 for vandalized Jewish cemetery
- Jewish governor of Missouri, Muslim activists pitching in to repair vandalized Jewish cemetery
AnalysisTrump, the Jews and the political weaponization of anti-Semitism