Announcement has been made of a consolidation which will bring about one of the largest Orthodox Jewish Congregations in America, through the merger of the First Hungarian Congregation Ohab Zedek, 18 West 116th Street, and the Congregation Pincus Elijah, West Ninety-fifth Street.
The plan has received the ratification of the trustees of each congregation and will go into immediate effect. The plans include the erection in the near future of an additional synagogue by Omah Zedek on the West Side, which he intended to be one of the largest in the city.
The Rev. Philip Klein, rabbi of the Ohab Zedek, will officiate at both synagogues with Rabbi Joseph J. Schwartz of Pincus Elijah as assisting rabbi. The Rev. Joseph Rosenblatt, for eleven year cantor of Ohab Zedek, will be cantor for both synagogues.
The Archive of the Jewish Telegraphic Agency includes articles published from 1923 to 2008. Archive stories reflect the journalistic standards and practices of the time they were published.