Archive

Search JTA's historical archive dating back to 1923

Jewish News Agency Opens Office in Paris

September 27, 1923
See Original Daily Bulletin From This Date
Advertisement

The rapid development of the Jewish Telegraphic Agency as a gatherer and distributor of Jewish news and news of Jewish interest throughout the world is indicated in a report made by Jacob Landau, director of Jewish Telegraphic Agency, Inc., who has just returned from Europe after five months of investigation on behalf of the news agency.

In addition to the existing central bureaus in London, Berlin and Warsaw, a bureau has been established in Paris, known as the “Agence Telegraphique juive”. This bureau will collect and distribute news of Jewish interest not only in France but also throughout Belgium, Switzerland, Morocco, Tunis, Algeria and the Levant. It will also serve the Jewish and general press of the Balkan countries.

The facilities for news gathering in Poland have been greatly increased in consequence of the appointment of correspondents in the more important centers of the country, including Lodz, Bialystok, Lemberg and other towns.

News of Jewish concern from Russia will be gathered and dispatched by correspondents in central points with headquarters in Moscow and Kiev.

Palestine and the adjacent countries in the Middle East have not been overlooked in the consolidation of the world-wide news gathering system, a central office having been opened in Jerusalem and additional correspondents appointed throughout the East.

In Poland, Mr. Landau was received by the highest officials, including Prime Minister Witos, and the Foreign Minister Seyda. Officers of the Foreign Office in Paris expressed great satisfaction over the establishment of the news agency office in Paris, welcoming it as a means of informing Jewish public opinion abroad of events in France.

Recommended from JTA

Advertisement