Sixteen mechanics and twelve electricians constituted the first graduating class of the first Jewish Technicum maintained here by the Ort, the Jewish organization for the promotion of agriculture and trades among the Jews. The graduation was accompanied by an official celebration in which representatives of the entire Jewish population participated. Representatives of the Polish Government, which has now given official recognition to the schools, after a period of reluctance, were also present.
The curriculum of the school includes theoretical, practical and graphical instruction in the Yiddish language. The Vilna Technicum is the first Jewish college, among the many artisan schools which the Ort has established in Poland.
The Archive of the Jewish Telegraphic Agency includes articles published from 1923 to 2008. Archive stories reflect the journalistic standards and practices of the time they were published.