Archive

Search JTA's historical archive dating back to 1923

Will Dedicate Corner House March 6

March 5, 1924
See Original Daily Bulletin From This Date
Advertisement

The new building of the CORNER HOUSE of the Hebrew Orphan Asylum Junior League at 311 West 14th Street will be formally opened and dedicated March 6, when brief addresses will be made by Judge Victor Dowling, of the Appelate Division of the Supreme Court, the Rev. Dr. Nathan Krass, Joseph L. Buttonwieser, Adolph S. Ochs, Theodore Rosenwald, Liorel J. Simmonds, Dr. Solomon Lowenstein, and de Witt P. Rosenheim.

The CORNER HOUSE, which is maintained by the Federation for the Support of Jewish Philanthropic Societies, provides accommodations for young boys around the age of fifteen or sixteen after they are discharged from the Hebrew Orphan Asylum and watches over them until they are mature and are able to care for themselves. The boys are all employed and pay for their board at rates proportionate to their earning capacity.

Recommended from JTA

Advertisement