The Hospital for Joint Diseases, which will be the best hospital in the world especially devoted to the lame, will be dedicated on October 5th after considerable enlargement. The equipment of the hospital, which has a capacity of 275 beds and facilities for treating 1500 patients daily, costs $2,000,000. The hospital was established in 1906 and since then it has given treatment to 126,253 patients. The number of treatments given in the last month is 19,472. The hospital is maintained by the Federation for the Support of Jewish Philanthropic Societies in New York.
The Archive of the Jewish Telegraphic Agency includes articles published from 1923 to 2008. Archive stories reflect the journalistic standards and practices of the time they were published.