The extension of the Hebrew University at Jerusalem was announced by Dr. Judah Magnes, acting Chancellor, on his return from London and Paris after conferences with the governing and academic councils. The administration intends endowing a chair of general chemistry in addition to the existing organic chemistry, to appoint a director of the microbiological institute, to create a hygiene department, increase the budget and to institute a natural history and a new mathematics department.
The institute will be headed by the famous mathematician, Dr. Landau of Gottingen, while Professor Orstein of Holland will supervise the construction of the physics institute. Professorships contemplated will include Jewish sociology and anthropology, Hebrew poetry during the Spanish period, Bible philosophy and history and Talmudic jurisprudence.
The budget for the coming year is $200,000, apart from building expenses, the latter including a building of the Institute of Jewish studies, a school of Oriental studies and an auditorium from the $500,000 endowment left by Sol Rosenbloom of Pittsburgh.
The Archive of the Jewish Telegraphic Agency includes articles published from 1923 to 2008. Archive stories reflect the journalistic standards and practices of the time they were published.