A series of buildings to be used as community centers and Talmud Torahs will be erected in Philadelphia by the Federation of Jewish Charities, it has been announced by Albert M. Greenfield, chairman of the Building Committee of the Federation.
The first one will be erected at 508-14 Moore Street, at a cost of $100,000. This structure will replace the present Bessarabier and Dickinson Talmud Torahs, located respectively on South 6th Street and on Dickinson Street. It will serve the needs of the Associated Talmud Torahs and the Hebrew Sunday School Society, as well as other religious, educational and recreational purposes.
The new building will have an auditorium with a seating capacity of 500 persons. There will also be a gymnasium, library, kindergarten, teachers’ rest room, and an office. The building will consist of a ground floor and two upper floors.
The Building Committee of the Associated Talmud Torahs consists of Jacob Edelstein, chairman; Leon Braker, Morris Brooks, Harry Burnstein, Harry Fels. A. Galonsky, M. Reisman and S. C. Schein.
Dr. Morris M. Rose, who is associated with the League of Zionists Revisionists of America, was elected president of the New York Downtown Zionist District. Ten Zionists Revisionists were elected to the Executive Committee.
The Archive of the Jewish Telegraphic Agency includes articles published from 1923 to 2008. Archive stories reflect the journalistic standards and practices of the time they were published.