Dedication of the new B’nai Israel Synagogue here took place with special services conducted by Rabbi Herman Levendorf, assisted by Rabbi Perilman of Wheeling, W. Va. The dedication was marked by a joint festival, in celebration of the new synagogue and the rapidly increasing Jewish population in the past year from other parts of the state.
The new synagogue was erected at a cost of $50,000 and is one of the finest in the state. The B’nai Israel congregation here was formed twelve years ago.
The Archive of the Jewish Telegraphic Agency includes articles published from 1923 to 2008. Archive stories reflect the journalistic standards and practices of the time they were published.