Search JTA's historical archive dating back to 1923

Montrael Launches Drive for Jewish Hospital

May 10, 1929
See Original Daily Bulletin From This Date

For the purpose of erecting a building for the Toronto Jews Boys’ Club and the establishing of a permanent camp on the shore of Lake Couchiching for the underprivileged lads of the city, a campaign seeking $100,000 will be conducted during the week starting May 13th.

N. L. Nathanson, President of the Boys’ Club, and Percy Hermant, Chairman of the Federation of Jewish Philanthropies in Toronto, will act as honorary chairman and chairman respectively, of the organization heading the campaign. It is planned that of the $100,000 about $75,000 will be spent on the proposed building in the city, which will be complete and modernized with recreation, education and physical departments.

Recommended from JTA