Jewish and Christian commuities joined in the dedication of this city’s first synagogue, Keneseth Beth Israel. The building was erected as a cost of $40,000, and many contributions were received from Gentiles of the city.
Among the speakers at the dedication were Rev. Hugh Massey, Catholic, and Rev. David W. Berry, Presbyterian, of this city, many of the city and county officials and Irving Kotok, president of the Millville Hebrew Association.
The New York State Federation of Y. W. and Y. M. H. A’s and Jewish Community Centers will hold their 14th annual convention in Albany on May 29 and 31. The national oratorical convention will take place coincidently.
The Archive of the Jewish Telegraphic Agency includes articles published from 1923 to 2008. Archive stories reflect the journalistic standards and practices of the time they were published.