A synagogue in the city of Przemysl, which straddles the Nazi-Soviet frontier in occupied Poland, has been turned into an electric power station, it was reported today by the Krakauer Zeitung, official Nazi organ in Poland. The synagogue was in the German side of the city.
It was reported from Cracow today that Germans are rushing to occupy apartments vacated by Jews ordered to leave the city. Because of the resultant chaos, Nazi Commandant Schmid has forbidden occupation of the apartments without special authority.
The Archive of the Jewish Telegraphic Agency includes articles published from 1923 to 2008. Archive stories reflect the journalistic standards and practices of the time they were published.