- Obama adviser Robert Gibbs took on Fox News host Sean Hannity last night over his use of anti-Semite Andy Martin to make wild claims about Barack Obama.
- The Sun-Sentinel has more on Martin, while the New York Times interviews Martin, who denies being an anti-Semite and says it’s a “peripheral” issue.
- And Glen Greenwald in Salon has even more details on Martin and criticizes the ADL for not speaking out about Martin.
- A powerhouse political panel tomorrow at Temple Rodef Shalom in Northern Virginia: Chuck Todd, Matt Brooks and Matt Dorf at the afternoon break in services, reports the Washington Post.
- The Sun-Sentinel has details on Joe Lieberman and Ed Koch stumping for Jewish votes in South Florida.
- Marty Peretz, in the Jerusalem Post, on why there are “so few Jewish Republicans.”
- Another pro-Obama video – this time from a Orthodox Jewish mom who lived in Jerusalem for five years.
- The Washington Post finds an article in a newsletter from the U.S. Council for World Freedom that belittles critics of Ronald Reagan’s 1985 Bitburg trip. John McCain says he resigned from the group in 1984, but was still on the letterhead in 1986 – and attended the group’s dinner in 1985.
- Anat Hakim explains why she schlepped north to convince her family to vote for McCain, in the Los Angeles Times.
- Political pundit Larry Sabato thinks Sarah Silverman’s profanity in her Great Schlep video may backfire on Obama – but adds that he still finds Jack Benny funny.
- Two Israeli pro-Obama videos are deemed a “de-schlep-tion” by Abraham Katsman and Kory Bardash in the Jerusalem Post.
Political tidbits: Gibbs takes on Hannity, another Jewish pro-Obama video