- Tel Aviv University psychology professor Carlo Strenger on why Jews should celebrate Barack Obama’s election, in Haaretz.
- Playing the role of "Israeli curmudgeon," Yossi Klein Halevi has some concerns about Barack Obama’s possilbe policies in the Middle East, reports the Canadian Jewish News.
- Alaska will count 90,000 early, questioned and absentee ballots today, meaning Jewish Democrat Ethan Berkowitz still has a chance (although a small one) to make up his 17,000 vote deficit to incumbent Republian Rep. Don Young.
- Jimmy Carter says Obama won’t waste any time pursuing Middle East peace talks, in an interview with CNN.
- Newsweek’s Howard Fineman says Obama has "signaled" he doesn’t want Lieberman to lose his chairmanship of the Homeland Security Commitee, in Talking Points Memo.
- Meanwhile, John McCain tells Jay Leno he hopes Lieberman keeps his Homeland Security Committee gavel, at Think Progress.
- The American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee wants Rahm Emnauel to "disavow and repudiate" his father’s remarks linking Arabs and "mopping floors at the White House."
- Which Emanuel brother are you most like? Wonkette has a quiz.
- "I defend the United States, Israel and the Constitution," Fox News head Roger Ailes tells Vindy.com. The Atlantic’s Jeffrey Goldberg says he might switch the order of numbers two and three.
Political tidbits: Final count today in Alaska, Lieberman stays put?