What some bloggers, and some who were there, are saying about Monday’s White House meeting between President Obama and 16 Jewish leaders:
- Jennifer Rubin of Commentary was disappointed in the lack of dissent at what she calls a "scripted minuet in conflict avoidance."
- And Rick Richman, also at Commentary, objects to Obama’s reported statement that there was "no progress" in the Middle East over the last eight years.
- Blogger Richard Silverstein applauds Obama for "pushing back" against Malcolm Hoenlein’s question.
- National Jewish Democratic Council CEO Ira Forman says the president was "masterful."
- J Street’s Jeremy Ben-Ami describes Obama’s approach in the Middle East as "pushing while hugging" and "left the room feeling we are truly at a historic moment of opportunity."
- Americans for Peace Now’s Debra DeLee "wholeheartedly" embraces Obama’s position on settlements after the meeting.