- Richard Stone was unanimously elected to become the next chairman of the Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations. Stone, who will be installed June 1, is a professor at Columbia University Law School, a venture capitalist and chairman of NCSJ, which advocates for Jewish communities in the formerly Soviet republics.
- Debra Tuchman of Denver is beginning a three-year term as the new chairman of the board of directors of Clal-The National Jewish Center for Learning and Leadership.
- Herbert Block, an assistant executive vice president at the American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee, was named as an appointee of President Obama to the Commission for the Preservation of America’s Heritage Abroad.
- Gary Zola, executive director of the Jacob Rader Marcus Center of the American Jewish Archives and a professor at Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion, was named as an appointee of President Obama to the Commission for the Preservation of America’s Heritage Abroad.
- Ron Lipstein, CEO of the N.J.-based health-care company Premier Multispeciality, was named chairman of the Israel Center Commission, which oversees the work of the Seymour J. Abrams O.U. Jerusalem World Center.
Comings & Goings