(JTA) — Israel says it still doesn’t have enough evidence to charge suspects in the case of a West Bank arson attack that killed a Palestinian toddler and his parents.
Public Security Minister Gilad Erdan said Friday that investigators were still collecting evidence about the July attack in which a Palestinian home in the village of Duma was torched.
Ali Dawabsha, aged 18 months, died in the attack. His parents, Saad and Riham, later succumbed to their injuries.
“There are not many investigations that have as high a priority as that of the murder that was carried out in the village of Duma, and still the Shin Bet and police are advancing in this investigation,” Erdan said in an interview Friday with Army Radio.
Erdan’s comments came the day after reports surfaced that several Jewish youths had been arrested in connection with the attack. A gag order has limited the publication of details about the investigation.