A preliminary medical investigation into the deaths of two out-patients at the Beilinson Hospital in Petach Tikva reveals that their deaths were apparently caused by a pharmacist’s error.
The two men died after drinking pre-X-ray laxatives that were accidentally poisoned. Medical sources say the poisoning resulted from the failure to add a substance to the laxative which neutralizes or weakens other components.
It is being called a human error rather than a willful act.
The 30-year-old pharmacist who mixed the laxatives has been temporarily suspended. She denies any responsibility, insisting that poisonous materials are kept under lock and key.
The Archive of the Jewish Telegraphic Agency includes articles published from 1923 to 2008. Archive stories reflect the journalistic standards and practices of the time they were published.