June 13, 2010 5:48pm
Only six of 234 xenophoic attacks in Russia last year were against Jews, though anti-Semitism remains a problem in the country, according to a new report.
June 3, 2010 11:37pm
Immigration to Israel is up from Russia, with experts citing the economic downturn as the primary motivator.
May 27, 2010 7:12pm
Eight British volunteers went on a “Mission Impossible,” a program of a British charity, to aid Jewish communities in the Baltics that have been severely affected by the recession.
May 7, 2010 8:40pm
After decades of community-building from the top down, often with the aid of donors from overseas, can Russia’s Jewish communities build themselves from the bottom up?
April 29, 2010 7:52pm
The Jewish community of Ukraine has announced an international architectural contest for a memorial complex in Babi Yar.
April 1, 2010 9:16pm
In Soviet times, the small town of Malakhovka, less than 10 miles from Moscow, was the center of Jewish underground activity. In 2005 its old wooden synagogue was burned down in a fire. Five years later, the shared effort of local authorities and wealthy Moscow Jews have enabled the opening of a new synagogue.
March 16, 2010 11:42pm
Two political parties with anti-Semitic elements fared well in Russian regional elections.
February 24, 2010 2:43am
Exactly how many Jews are there in Russia? Depends on whom you ask and how you count them.
February 23, 2010 12:53am
The victory in Ukraine’s presidential elections by Viktor Yanukovich, the candidate with close ties to the Kremlin, is being welcomed cautiously by Ukraine’s Jews.
February 4, 2010 9:15pm
With Torah lessons for bank executives, online social networking and personal charisma, one Moscow rabbi is trying some unconventional ways to draw Russian professionals and businessmen to Jewish life.
- Billy Graham, who championed Israel in public and derided Jews in private, dies at 99
- Teacher Scott Beigel did not want to be remembered as a hero
Editor's ColumnHere’s why we report on the Jewish victims of larger tragedies
- Jewish dad of Florida school shooting victim to Trump: ‘It stops here’
- These Jewish women say celebrating Purim in the #MeToo era is different
- New Jersey rabbi arrested for meeting teen prostitute
- Former Netanyahu confidant agrees to turn state’s evidence in corruption investigation
- Chabad security footage shows Florida school shooter ‘casually walking by’ after attack
- Israel says it thwarted an Islamic State plan to bomb Australian flight
- Poland’s prime minister said some Jews collaborated with Nazis. Scholars say he distorted history.
- Austrian Jewish students disrupt Cabinet minister’s speech calling government ‘not kosher’